fa - nice metric? facemill - 4 inch diameter

here's the listing - when I got my mill, I bought way too much tooling, some of this has got to go - this looks like a really really nice facemill, but I have more than enough now in every size I can imagine needing.

here's the link

there are more adjustments on this thing than I can understand so it must have been pretty expensive at one time.

Reply to
William Noble

I'd look up the wkh inserts.

Sure didn't seem like diamonds, more rectangles or squares. Hum. Might be nice, but some of the screws are just locks. One set might be depth adjustments for calibrations.

Martin

Mart> here's the listing - when I got my mill, I bought way too much tooling, some

Martin H. Eastburn

those inserts are trapezoidal - if not a "diamond" shape, there may be another name. you are right that some of the screws are locks, but it seems you can adjust (separately) the height and diameter of each cutter, possibly also the angle. And there are some screws that don't seem to do anything but they must be there for some reason. Depth of cut is adjusted with shims placed undeneath the cylinder that holds the part that holds the cutter. This thing certainly has a lot of parts for a facemill - that's all I can say about it. =---

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble