February NEMES meeting news

At our recent February meeting the main speaker was Rollie Gaucher, NEMES charter member and top notch craftsman. Rollie was scheduled to speak about lapping and started his presentation with a short section about the forging and machining of two frames for the prototype F-22 Raptor fighter planes. Very interesting stuff. The lapping talk which followed was equally interesting and informative.

This was my first attempt to video presentations at our meetings. Results were not optimal but better than nothing and, hopefully, will be improved with experience.

This link takes to you the page. Please be warned that the video clips are big files. DSL or Cable connections are recommended. I have tried in the past "downgrading" the video for dial up but the quailty is just too poor.

Your comments are welcome of course.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology H.H. Ellis Technical High School

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society

Errol Groff

Your post reminded my of the enjoyable time we spent when you visited! I went to the page of pix again and noticed that you Photochopped my pictures by removing all my hair and making me look fat...THANKS A LOT!!! ...bastard

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It's the poor craftsman that balmes the tool.

Errol

Reply to
Errol Groff

I oil my tools when I'm done with them, but I've never rubbed them with balm -- what do you use?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Darn. Done in again by typing dyslexia.

Errol

Reply to
Errol Groff

And here I thought you were saying something dirty...and I was going to leave it ALONE!

Reply to
Tom Gardner