Finally a gloat for me

Ok. Im running Agent on a Linux box...chuckle

Mint Linux in fact.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 03 May 2010 09:49:17 -0400, the infamous Pete Snell scrawled the following:

It has an internal storage for sigs. I don't know how to export or import them, unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 3 May 2010 10:28:45 -0700, "Steve B" wrote the following:

OK, "scrawled" is gone. I was tired of it anyway. Yeah, I'd like to shoot Lassie right about now, too.

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Good man! :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

look in the section of the agent.ini file. In my geek programming days, I might have written a script to automatically hack it. I've got a life these days though.

I guess if Gunner is using properly formatted sigs, I should start doing it after 20 years of not bothering...

Mark Rand RTFM (just not yet :)

Reply to
Mark Rand

On Tue, 04 May 2010 20:16:49 +0100, Mark Rand wrote the following:

Ain't no such aminal. Maybe the .ini stopped with the last beta, version 0.93. I can't find anything in any of the Agent dirs which relates, so it must be hidden in the DBs somewhere. Only Agent itself can access those (easily) and I'm certainly not going to try to hack a Good Thing(tm).

Oh, suuuuuure...

-- All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. --Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Wed, 05 May 2010 00:35:24 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Which version agent are you running? I've got 3.3 and in the database directory (I think) is agent.ini - text file editable by whatever.

pyotr filipivich

On Wed, 05 May 2010 13:25:57 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote the following:

programming

v5.00/32.1170 with no sig.dat and no agent.ini file.

-- All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. --Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

programming

My long long term favorite....1.93/32

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

programming

I should note..it can be found here and there on the net for...free

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

programming

agent.ini should reside in the directory that Agent runs from (check the shortcut that's used to start it). It's how you got multiple setups from one installation before recent versions. 6.00/32.1186 still reads and writes the agent.ini files on my setup.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Gunner Asch on Fri, 07 May 2010 13:50:29 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I think I was flush one year, so bought 3.3 - I'm happy enough with it.

The sig files may have been in the agent.ini file.

pyotr filipivich