Food for thought

.35 remington, the gun was at a local auction and at a price I literally could not refuse. This spring I plan to take it down to the range and try it out.

Jim

jim rozen

The top one was you. I honestly don't believe you missed it though - my suspicion is that you have an "Anti-Republican Post Alarm" hooked up to your network, operational at all times.

Does it beep you when you're away from home?

Jim

jim rozen

I made no comment about it one way or the other, Tom.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Your "last word" post contained a conditional phrase that included the words "republic" and "structure", but now you claim you made "no comment one way or the other" about the structure of republics in that post? Gee, I don't know whether to believe you or my lying eyes. (g)

As I recall, a couple of posts back, you wrote, "But we have to conclude somewhere, so I'm going to conclude here. Carry on if you wish; I'm out after this one..." Perhaps you meant you were "out" after the next one, or maybe "out" the next one after that, or possibly even "out" the next one after that. ¿Quién sabe?

You really should run for office, you'd make a helluva politician. (g)

¡Tomelo! Para Ud, un regalo, la ultima palabra.
Reply to
Tom Stovall

You'll do better to believe me, Tom. Your eyes seem to be working overtime.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I think we need to bring back the Bull Moose Party. Where's Teddy when we need him? (R of course, not K). My all time favorite Prez.:o) Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

For clarity, I never say 'I'm out' without defining what I'm out of. In my neck of the woods, saying that one is 'out' without adding definitives means that one is proclaiming themselves to be gay. Then the obvious question becomes: what in the world does this have to do with metalworking.....

Reply to
Steve.........................

There must be a lot more gays in your neck of the woods. Saying "I'm out after this one" here usually means you're playing baseball. d8-)

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

See Table 3 of the Uggen and Manza paper.

-Mike P.

Reply to
Mike Powell

Both actually.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

Its an undocumented feature in Zone Alarm

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

I have no disagreement with this. However, what you originally said is there is "no such thing as an ex-felon." The definitions you supplied describe what a "felon" is, but don't say anything about what an "ex-felon" is. Just because the definition of "felon" doesn't mention "ex-felon" does not mean there is no such thing as an "ex-felon."

As I said before, the term "ex-felon" is widely used to refer specifically to people who were convicted of a felony, but have served all the required time and probation. It's a little bit like how a "convict" is someone currently incarcerated while an "ex-convict" or "ex-con" is someone who's been freed from jail/prison.

-Mike P.

Reply to
Mike Powell

Decent 150 yrd cartridge. If you hand load, you can do all sorts of nifty stuff using pistol bullets as its a standard .357 bore diameter. Tend to be rather long throated though. Its a very good brush cartridge. Sorta fallen out of real popular use over the last 20 yrs, but there are enough of them around that ammo is pretty common in the wooded states. Ive got a Contender pistol barrel in that.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

Spehro Pefhany

Now why would an extra "L" burst into flames????????????

Reply to
Bob Robinson

Say it slowly with a bit of a Southern (US) accent.. (you'll hate me..)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I thought I would have a tough time finding it, but the local wal-mart had boxes. I broke my 'no wall-mart' rule that day.

Jim

jim rozen

One is being inaccurate, at best, if one says that it is a *fact* that there are horses about *until* one actually *sees* the horses.

The authors of the study that you quoted *presumed* that violent felons would vote one way or another, if they could, simply because the socio-economic group which they are *presumed* to have come from "traditionally" votes Democratic. That isn't even an actual statistic, or at least, an actual statistical analysis wasn't even done to arrive at that conclusion. Then you quoted Shlafly, who speciously attributed intent to Democrats who call for allowing felons to vote, essentially saying that it was a conspiracy to swing the vote in Democrat's favor. Does Shlafly have any *proof* that that is the intent of those Democrats? Does she have any documents, memos, which show one Dem expressing this intent to any other Dem, or is this conspiracy just something that she

*imagines* is taking place? If she has proof, then why doesn't she show it? Without it, all she is doing is presenting demonizing propaganda against the Dems, and most Americans, one would hope, are far too savvy to accept that sort of thing at face value.

What you have quoted is an accusation which would benefit substantially from some bailing wire and chewing gum, and then repeatedly tried to represent that accusation as a fact. That sort of behavior does your chosen party no good at all, Gunner. It simply drives reasonable people away, if anything at all.

Reply to
Artemia Salina

Since you enjoy your suspicions so much, ask yourself honestly, would the felons that you have dealt with during your time as an LEO actually be bothered to go out to the polling places and stand in line to vote? Not to mention filling out the voter registration forms!

"Nah man, I know I said I'd rob that liquor store with you tonight, but I forgot that I have to go out and VOTE!"

I mean, c'mon!

Reply to
Artemia Salina

Hey, don't blame us Republicans. We sure as heck aren't claiming him. Try the Libertarians.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I no longer own my Contender, which like you, had a 14" barrel in .35 Rem. As you say, I worked up a hand load with .357 bullets, and its performance improved remarkably. The reason I got rid of the Contender was that the hammer mechanism was very unreliable. AFAIK, Thompson Center made the Contender with two hammer styles. One, which had a switch to select between rim fire and center fire, and the other, which was a sliding type that was square in cross section. Mine had the sliding type, and I had no end to trouble with misfires, even with brand name factory ammo. It seemed that the loose fit needed to allow the slide to slide weakened the impact of the hammer. I had no metalworking equipment in those days or else I would have made two separate hammers, one for rim fire (which I never used) and one for center fire.

I'm curious though, how does a long throat effect the .35 Remington round?

Reply to
Artemia Salina