Forgotten Master Craftsmen of Yesterday (1936)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY4RZ-FEi6M&index=8&list=WL
This documentary film shows the engineers and machinists of the past
performing a variety of tasks hand tools and equipment in 1936.
--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Watchmaker Masahiro Kikuno, built a mechanical watch with variable hours. Hand tools. 2015. <
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1moRfIXCfak

    I wish I could afford something like that. -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."
On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 08:26:39 -0700, pyotr filipivich

My hands are too large to even consider anything like that. I've never been interested in the tiny stuff at all, happy to allow nanites to do all the tedious stuff for me. (I can't wait for tech to catch up to the point scifi authors have us playing with.)
--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full
description of a happy state in this world.