Forgotten Master Craftsmen of Yesterday (1936)

This documentary film shows the engineers and machinists of the past performing a variety of tasks hand tools and equipment in 1936.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Tue, 13 Mar 2018

04:53:44 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Watchmaker Masahiro Kikuno, built a mechanical watch with variable hours. Hand tools. 2015.

I wish I could afford something like that.

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

My hands are too large to even consider anything like that. I've never been interested in the tiny stuff at all, happy to allow nanites to do all the tedious stuff for me. (I can't wait for tech to catch up to the point scifi authors have us playing with.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques