FS: some South Bend lathe parts and accessories

I ended up with some SB lathe stuff over the years, but do not have an SB lathe. Descriptions are what I know about them. I'll do my best to answer any questions. I can provide other pictures if you would like to see something specific.

1 - South Bend lathe threading dial. $75.00 + shipping.
Casting is marked "886 11K2" if I read it correctly. Dirty but works fine, worm gear appears in good shape and shaft turns freely. Needs a good cleaning, though. Original paint is mostly covered by ugly blue paint. I was told this is for a 9" lathe.

2 - South Bend back gear assembly. $75.00 plus shipping.

This was from a 10" flat-belt lathe, I do not know the specific model. Small gear is approx. 1.85" dia. and has 25 teeth. Large gear is approx. 3.65" dia, and has 62 teeth. (I could be off a tooth or two on the tooth counts, can double check if necessary) Eccentric at handle end is 1.25" dia, the one at the other end is 1.625" dia. No damaged teeth, spins freely on shaft, appears to be in good serviceable condition.

3 - South Bend lathe micrometer stop and adapter bracket. $125.00 + shipping

Southbend micrometer stop, with clamp, clamp bolt and adapter (left) that I am told is used for doing close in collet work. Casting is marked 1200RT3. Good but used condition, moves smoothly and precisely. Looks to be original paint, worn off/thin in some spots.

4 - Collet closer lever(?). $25.00 + shipping

At least I was told it is a hand lever for a SB collet closer, or collet chuck setup. It looks like one. It has the number 990NK1 cast into one side. The screws that extend into the ring part are beveled on the ends and one has a hole through the center with and oil cup on top. Looks to be original paint, mostly worn off of handle area, and maybe 50% left on the rest.

All prices are negotiable/best offer. Available for pick up, should you be passing through Dracut, MA.

Thanks, Al A.

Reply to
AL A.

[...]

And sorry if that showed up as multiple postings for any of you. Something kept messing up my links, took a few tries to get them right. Al

Reply to
AL A.

Subject says it all - I suppose some big ISP's like AT&T etc crashed their news groups. All of the yuppy managers don't know or understand.

We are not into blogs or twitter for these subjects.

Lets try to keep this into metal working - and it will be a better place.

Martin I plasma cut, mill, turn, spin (not in a while) weld metal.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:06:18 -0500, the infamous "Martin H. Eastburn" scrawled the following:

The QWEST DSL shelf (whatever that is) was down on Monday evening and again this morning (5-10am pdt) for about 5 hours each time. WTF is going on lately?

I saw only 16 posts this morning when it came back up, but I had 23 emails, 18 of them spams.

-- A great preservative against angry and mutinous thoughts, and all impatience and quarreling, is to have some great business and interest in your mind, which, like a sponge shall suck up your attention and keep you from brooding over what displeases you. -- Joseph Rickaby

Reply to
Larry Jaques