GLOAT: The Mazak has landed

The riggers just left after putting my Mazak M4 CNC lathe in the new shop. Its an 8000 lb. 20 hp. machine, about 16" by 72" size, with a Camsoft retrofit CNC control.

The electricians are due tommorrow to install a 200 amp sub panel in the shop.

Its taking a very looong time, but the new shop is coming together.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend
8000lb, Jesus! And I thought I was a hero for stuffing a 3200lb Sharp HMV mill into my garage!

Reply to
Ken C

Do you retrofit by yourself your Mazak M4 with camsoft? I have jus bought this kind of mazak but control not work perfect, I plan t retrofit it. Have you install your machine and how does it perform Thanks. Aristo

-- asuratman

Reply to
asuratman

In case anyone is missing the top of this thread, this post is from two years ago.

I bought this machine with a Camsoft control. The retrofit job had been so poorly done that I re-did the whole job. I could see this coming in. I bought the machine, Camsoft hardware, and software for just the cost of the software alone. The poor bloke that hired a rascal to retrofit this fine machine got screwed.

If you retrofit an M4, the dual turret and the sixteen speed transmission are a stone bitch to get the logic and all the I/O right. I'd be glad to give you my CBK and help out. If you're not experienced with retrofit work, this is the wrong place to start.

Machine is up and running. I have sence retrofitted a mill with Camsoft and plan to do a Hardinge CHNC lathe this winter.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend