Gunner's Status

One side claims warming is caused by increased greenhouse gases Another side claims greenhouse gases are caused by increased warming.

Since CO2 tends to show up AFTER warming events, not before.....

Anyone notice that if you let a soft drink, cold from the fridge, sit for a while..as it warms..the CO2 starts bubbling out more and more?

according to the GWKs....its the CO2 bubbling out that makes the drink warm up. Despite the laws of thermodynamics and expanding gases....

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:39:23 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress" scrawled the following:

Thank you, Ed.

Doesn't make it better. End of discussion.

-- Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -- George S. Patton

Reply to
Larry Jaques

How is that you even have any disposable assets considering that you haven't paid off your previous hospital bill? Considering that you've run up additional charges of probably $100k+, you've got some kind of chutzpah to be talking about your toys as if you own them outright. Your will only needs a single instruction about assets: somebody named to sell anything that's left, and make sure that *all* of the proceeds make it to your creditors.

What a shock, your party plans rank ahead of paying off your health care bills. That's the exact same attitude displayed recently by bailed out financial execs.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Thank you. Hopefully its way, way down the road.

Have you seen "The Last Lecture?"

Reply to
almostcutmyhairtoday

That's the "positive feedback" that Mark Rand alludes to. It's even more true of water vapor: as things get warmer more water is vaporized, etc etc.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Glad you're still around Gunner.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day As long as you are learning, you are living When you stop learning, you start dying

Reply to
JonquilJan

Hey! Stop in more often.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

Good to hear from you. It has been a while since you've posted.

Reply to
Strabo

Long time since I've checked in. Used to get a lot of very good info before Y2K - and am still keeping up the preps 'just in case'. My disability is worsening - as it would with someone of my age. Today is my birthday - I am

  1. Never thought I would survive until this age. If I can survive this birhtday - and the over 200 inches of snow so far this winter - guess I must be doing something right.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day As long as you are learning, you are living When you stop learning, you start dying

Reply to
JonquilJan

As you say:

"Learn something new every day As long as you are learning, you are living When you stop learning, you start dying"

alt.survival contains far less political stuff.

Reaching 70 you have exceeded your expectations. You can rest easy knowing that we are all just behind you.

Reply to
Strabo

And Im tickled you are still around, fighting the good fight.

Deepest respects Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I was told that 20-30 was realistic,if I "did the right stuff"...which Im doing. The dietary stuff is one of the hardest.

Try buying "good food" from fast food joints. When you find it, its in small and very expensive portions, such as "fruit cups" and what not.

They pulled my staples Thursday (hence my absence) All 172 of them.

While I was prowling a second hand store in So. Cal last night....I found an attachment for bicycles to turn them into stationary bikes. A rear wheel frame/attachment and some sort of torgue converter that applies variable resistance to the rear wheel using a fluid medium.

It appeared unused, and it appears to change resistance levels (spinning the idler by hand) by manipulating the controls. Ill drag it out of the truck tommorow and see exactly what I spent $10.99 on, and get one of the bikes out of the shed and set it up. Since Im very limited on upperbody exercise, the doctors suggested walking or stationary bike riding until my sternum starts to heal.

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That's true, and sex in a whorehouse can also be unduly expensive. So go to grocery stores rather than fast food joints. It might take 10 minutes longer to gather a nice healthy lunch at a supermarket than it does at a fast food joint. I'm not just talkin' metro supermarkets either; it works at Tom's Food Pride in Starbuck, MN (population 1252)

Fresh fruit and produce must be readily available in California much of the year, right? I can make a real nice lunch on the road from a ciabatta roll, a packet of tuna or some sliced turkey, an apple and a drink. Maybe a bag of sun chips. Matter of fact, I'm droolin' just thinkin' about it: aforementioned picnic at the little rural range at Morris MN on a nice day with nobody there but myself and sometimes Marymelove, light breeze, several rifles and an ammo bag full of experiments ... being retired and alive ain't all bad.

Walking requires no equipment other than shoes, especially in your climate. In your locale, recommended outdoor walking kit for a recovering cardiac who might look like easy prey should probably include shoes and a handgun, but you've got that covered. Perhaps the easy-onya (light recoil) Star BM 9mm for at least a while.

You could also rig a belt drive between a bicycle and a DCPM motor (running as a generator) with variable shunt. You only need about 150 watts (1/5 HP) capacity. At first you'll only need about 40 to 50 watts. Even a fit competitive cyclist can't maintain 150 watts for extended periods. I was doing about 50 watts during rehab last June. I kidded the hospital staff that they were charging Medicare bigtime to have me produce energy they probably sold to a third world country ... Iowa.

Happy 67th birthday to me, by the way, thankyouverymuch. This one is particularly sweet because I came so very close to missing it. I reckon you can grok that, eh?

Reply to
Don Foreman

Hey Gunner, I just heard about your recent health problems. I'm glad to hear you're O.K. It certainly sucks to be sick, and I hope it doesn't slow you down too much. Seeing as nothing else has, I doubt that this will slow you down.

I should be up in your neck of the woods in a few weeks -- I'll stop by.

Reply to
jpolaski

Call ahead. Ill be in LA next week doing some service....er...customer calls while Im healing...

Gunner

"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."

Bill Clinton 1993-08-12

Reply to
Gunner Asch