Gunner's Status

Sue wrote: (snip)

Medicare and Medicaid (Medi-Cal) are federally funded by the American Taxpayer.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mc

Universal health care is a back door into unrestricted access into our wallets. We have no control over costs. $2,600/night B&B? $60,000 bypass? No problem when "government" pays, out of sight, out of mind.

Monopolies are invariably bad for society. Unrestricted, unsupervised, uncontrolled medical care is another disaster ready to happen.

If defense and education would survive at all.

By the way, who paid for gunner's emergency this time?

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

Gunner Asch wrote: (snip)

It's a heck of a lot easier to regrow veins in your leg than it is arteries in your heart.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mc

Dumb. Given that gunner has published his location that opponent would be justified in short hunting trip. You don't threaten or "f*ck with" a man's family.

We know gunner is a sadist but that was dumb too.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

Check the sign on the wall; the docs only have a licence to practice. Not do the real thing.

Glad to see you're still on the right side of the grass.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Me? A liberal? In some ways, but not all. I float and flit here and there and have little respect for politicians of any sort. :o) Sue

Reply to
Sue

If you're worried about recoil, just do as this guy - Absolutely amazing:

J. Nielsen

------------ My best wishes for you and your wife.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

How big was it before the operation??

Even iffin you cain't find it/use it again, idnat what BB guns/ target practice was all about, inyway?? So, iffin you can still *see*, you should be OK!!

Oh, is it true you dissed Brock's wife/her illness? I really hope it isn't. I knew you were deficient in the sillygism dept, but I was hoping for more character -- heart, if you will.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

That's a very damned good question, Wes. It has an answer, but it's an obscene and infuriating one.

The shorter answer, as I keep saying, is that the US health care system is seriously broken. I didn't realize *how* broken it is until I started editing in the pharma and medical field.

I didn't say anything about it. National health care is about solving the problem of people who don't have health care insurance or any other kind of coverage. If you noticed, Gunner says he got a bill for $10K just for getting checked out after chest pain. In some ways, that's worse than the outrageous bill he'll get for the bypass surgery.

As for cutting medical costs, that's a separate problem that also needs to be addressed. It's also by far the harder problem to deal with.

The discounted rates are also demanded by commercial insurers. The Medicare rates and the Blue Cross/Blue Shield rates are not much different. In fact, three local hospitals refused BC/BS insurance last year, while they were still taking Medicare.

The individual rates for the uninsured are a joke. But they get all they can. God help you if you're uninsured and you have some assets other than your home, which usually will be protected when you declare bankruptcy.

In my experience, they're very close. I've been through this a lot lately with my mother.

That guy is in trouble in today's health care environment.

The distortions over relative payments are due to the mutually coercive and noncompetitive nature of both health care providers and health care insurers. The "market" is a complete joke, and it can't be otherwise. It's in the nature of the industry, and of humans.

The high prices are due to a variety of things, and a much more complicated issue.

The question you're asking is almost the same as the question about why we need more nuclear power. And the answer to both is the same: Because there is no viable alternative.

It sounds good, but it doesn't address the problem of high prices. They'd still be high.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Sunnuva... They weren't kidding. Don't DO that!!! You're the "Designated Shit Stirrer" around here, and I doubt we're gonna get new volunteers for the position.

Besides, you are not allowed to croak yet - I've already got one funeral for the week, don't need another. My Brother-In-Law is allowed to walk straight into his Mom's hospital room and finds a body bag on the bed, and the nurses say "we tried to call..." They didn't. It wasn't unexpected, but they're at least supposed to make a "Get down here NOW" call first.

Luckily he's made of sterner stuff, or this could have been really messy - as it is, he's got a serious 'Sensitivity 101' ass-reaming scheduled for that hospital.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Look it up. It's been researched and written about. We're going to have to learn more about it before long, anyway, because medical costs will be the big issue once insurance is dealth with.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:49:34 -0600, Jeff Mc wrote:

What makes you or Mr Hawke think that Medicare or Medicaid will be paying? Assuming facts not in evidence. I know the rules for MediCal and Gunner would not be eligible for it unless he is deemed disabled and that isn't easily done nor likely to happen (one has to just about meet the SSD criteria and the medical records are reviewed by a very tough state panel). I doubt that will be the case. I'm pretty sure one must be on SSD for 2 years before one can get Medicare (could be wrong on that one but that's easily checked). The only possibility of public (government) payment would be whatever the county program is for the state mandated (but not funded) Medically Indigent Adult program. These are generally administered through county hospitals and I can assure you that Loma Linda is *not* a county hospital. So, it is extremely unlikely that the American Taxpayer is going to foot the bill for Gunner's care. You could possibly make a case for unpaid hospital bills falling on all of us, but I'm not sure how unpaid hospital bills in California could effect someone in the Midwest or anywhere else. If you want to pull that one out then if you have ever had an auto accident that was your fault and covered by your insurance then I'm pretty damned upset with you because that caused my car insurance premiums to be higher. Just as if Gunner had health insurance then his medical expenses would cause your health insurance premiums to go up. So, say what you will about him I just doubt that the American Taxpayer is going to be stuck with the bill. Sue

Reply to
Sue

Someone must pay; that much is certain. Both Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements have been increasingly stingy. But both of those, along with private health insurance, must be stretched to subsidize the cost of indigent care. Unquestionably, this increases the costs for both public and private payers.

Who do you imagine pays those costs? Gunner's care isn't free.

That case has already been made.

but I'm not sure how unpaid

The taxpayers of California probably pay a disproportionately large share in Gunner's case, but indigent care costs are reflected in every taxpayer's and insured person's costs.

In your analogy, Gunner is an uninsured motorist who's irresponsibility causes insurance rates for responsible, insured drivers to go up.

I said nothing about Gunner, personally. However, ultimately we ARE all subsidizing his medical care, which is fine with me, being as I am one of those loony leftist liberal elites who actually believes making health care available to all is a good thing. Gunner's views, although not his behavior, may be different.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mc

More than big enough. Not big enough for its own zip code...but did have its own mail department.

Brock is an unmittigated buffoon. 1. We dont know he has a wife. 2. We dont know that he is not gay.

  1. Most of his utterences are spew

The only way Id have mocked his "wife", was if there was reason to believe he didnt have one, didnt have a sick one etc and he was using some hypothetical "wife" as a debating tool.

Brock is a Leftwinger..so is likely to attempt to use anything untruthful as a debating tool.

If in some strange unique way...he actually was telling the truth..and I did dis her...not a clue if I did btw...he has been kill filed for about

4 yrs at least...I deeply appologize for mistaking his normal buffoonery

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Can't argue with that. They can tell with an echocardiogram if they do one. EKG doesn't necessarily tell the story. Mine was and still is perfectly normal. I guess xrays don't necessarily reveal blocked arteries either. The echo workup does; they can even tell the ejection fraction of each chamber. But only if they do the scan. Takes about 45 minutes.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Wayne once made physical advances to the 11 yr old daughter of the retarded woman next door. Claimed if she kissed Mr Charlie..her mommy would get better each time the white stuff came out the end and she had to smack her lips as she sucked it down and called him Mr Rooster.

Why anyone would think he had any credibiltiy whatsoever is beyond me.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Crom..and here I thought I was good with a slingshot....the man is a natural genius.

I just tried pulling one of my Wrist Rockets....I could hear the sturnum creaking and clicking...I believe Ill not be doing anything in that direction for a while. Never mind archery.....

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ive not had a smoke since 6:30am Saturday of last. Currently I have a nicotine patch on my back.

The desire for a smoke hasnt left yet, so Im sucking on a straw as I type. I LIKE smoking, which makes it so much harder to quit..haveing been a full time smoker since I was about 16...

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Please advise to the details of the Irresponsible life style. Do go into details and provide the cites as you find them.

Ill be waiting with bated breath as it were.