Gunner's Status

Thanks for the compliment Ed - coming from someone who can write well, its appreciated. When I write, I try to keep in mind that you will read it, and with courtesy and grace, pick me up if I get too outrageous. Looks like I am getting more civilised as I get older. (Bugger!!!)

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
vk3bfa

No big deal Bob

Great!

An image I could have done without. LOL

Pretty funny. Your car buddy? There is sumpin' wrong with that dude...

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Gunner:

Way cool pics. That's gonna' leave a mark. LOL

I think you'll have to change your handle from Gunner to Zipper.

Reply to
BottleBob

If you had read the very next sentence you'd see otherwise.

Ok, what I find unacceptable isn't true. If you say so.

If you want to rant on the topic feel free to do so but don't use me as the vehicle when your rants concern something other than my posting.

If you say so. Then I don't see socialized medicine as an end-run on cost containment.

Right, many reasons. Including the mandatory insurance that I'm opposed to. Coercion. When you are forced to buy a product then competition goes out the window and costs escalate. I am not going to pay $600 for a prostrate exam in the U.S. when I can get it elsewhere for $15 USD.

Where do you get "as you suggest" from that statement? I think you're reading something that doesn't exist in my words.

_The_ major reason is governmental mandated monopolies. Not just drugs but law, FDA, insurance, and the AMA. The entire structure is corrupt and monopolized with kickbacks to keep it that way. No amount of fiddling will fix the underlying problem. Malpractice claims are probably second.

It's dead, Jim

Irrationally high. Some 40% of drugs are developed under Federal grants and funding through university research centers. Then given to pharmaceuticals to mfr and distribute at enormous profits to private industry with human life being held ransom.

Monopolies.

What alternative, herbs that the FDA wants to regulate and doctors want to outlaw? I once read that a full 50% of health costs are incurred in the last 6 months of life. People must learn to die with courage and not suck society dry trying to avoid the inevitable.

Socialized medicine encourages that behavior for there is no personal penalty involved for abusing the system.

As discussed above, many of the drugs are products of tax funded research and FDA regulations cost a half billion per drug to introduce to market. Yet those outrageous prices never decline after costs are regained. People die because they can't afford medicines until patents expire which is what, 23 years now?

There is no good answer and nationalized health care guarantees mediocre care at inflated prices vs. wildly inflated costs and fair care. I'll take door #3.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

John:

That has got to be THE most outrageous thing I've seen in a long time, think I should post it?

Actually, I don't even know HOW to post it to a text group since it was an E-mail attachment.

Reply to
BottleBob

holy crap

Reply to
Nicholas

Good one Curly - you solved the problem by leaving..and BTW - no one here drinks Fosters, its cats piss. We only export it to the gullible.....

Big Brother - nah, they canceled that last year, it got boring, people stopped watching it, so something equally vacuous replaced it.

Argentina at the moment - whose in charge? - the generals back in yet?

- their economy bottomed out yet?

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
vk3bfa

Ill have to add the total length of the existing zippers to the new ones, and see how many feet of them Ive aqquired over the years

I know there are at least1 foot on the left leg,,6 inches on the right..the new one crosses over the old one and a foot on my back. and belly

Shrug...still have my appendix though...

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

So have they started filtering your internet feeds for 'unsuitable' content yet? I heard mention of that on one computer podcasts I listen to.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

ote:

Ah, you did. So don't make up new lies to cover up your old lies. That doesn't work with me.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

That's your defense, "alleged quote", no "message id"? Here, read it and weep.

if you'd have the guts to own your own words and apologize for them, or even the common sense to google the quote yourself rather than taking the weasel route. Is there any pinnacle of pathetic you won't climb?

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Me too. I can understand Bob lashing out at people given his circumstance. That's why I don't wish ill on him.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

With one major exception. Be a conservative and see if any compassion comes your way.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

Sunnuva... Why the hell didn't you tell them to grab it while they were in there? Just means they have to go back again later when it goes hot... ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Eh? From what I've seen in recent years, when your not sucking on the pink cigar, you mostly take it up the ass.

Reply to
Guido

It's pleasant to see that you have a tad of compassion after all.

Good job.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

You're too modest, Andrew. You often have good insights and deliver it in an effective way.

-- Ed Huntress KC2NZT.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Good idea, it's almost as bad as Budweiser. Beer in Argentina is poor too but a few small, private, breweries are taking off.

I wasnt' talking about the TV show but George Orwell's.

You guys seem to be worse for governmental monitoring and oversight than the US but less than England.

The Federal government is worse than when I first moved here, it's in stalemate right now with Christina Kirchner Fernandez getting her tit in the wringer all to often. Gridlock for the last year which can be a good thing to thwart a concentration of power.

The Federal government is weak, the military had its fangs pulled, so no dictators in sight. That's why I moved here, people learned the value of freedom and 20 years of military dictators reignited a passion for liberty.

With a weak Federal Government the Provinces have a lot of power and aren't shy about telling the President to f*ck off. I like that.

Plus I live in a remote region of a remote province so there is _no_ federal presence and little provincial governance. Municipalities pick up the slack with strong mayors subject to local elections. Often corrupt but they must perform or be kicked out regularly. Richard Daley kept Chicago running smoothly even though he was perhaps the most corrupt politician in U.S. Mayor history.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

I rest my case.

Gunner will always offer to settle a difference of opinion by fists or guns; no brain power required. No Gunner, rest your heart, I'm not out gunning for you. Frankly you are just too much fun to have to kick around on usenet.

It's not often we get a throw back to the centuries old concept of might makes right. That's probably why you love Bush so much. Birds of a feather and all that.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

That sounds like your evil bastard side, doesn't it?

Which is it you ask? Pretty obviously you are fuzzy slippers that wants to be kick-ass boots. Usenet is full of keyboard wantabees.

Reply to
Winston_Smith