Gunner's Status

Thanks, Mark.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Jesus love you:

Curly Surmudgeon

Good to hear of the happy ending Gunner.

Take care of yourself.

TMT

Now that he's had his life saved by the graces of the state of California do you think he'll come around on universal health care for all? I mean, he's just gotten what amounts to state run medical care. What are the chances that when he's back to health he'll still be railing against a medical system that just saved his life? My guess is he'll be against national healt h care no matter how many times it comes to his rescue. Now that's a conservative. I also wonder how much it just cost the rest of all of us for his "free" medical care.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Yeah, but then he wouldn't be a hypocrite, and they wouldn't allow him to be a member of the right wing anymore.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Wouldn't you think that someone that is strongly against universal health care and who believes that everyone should pay their own way, including their own health insurance, shouldn't be taking anything from the state? I mean, when you say you have to take personal responsibility and then you don't buy your own health insurance isn't it wrong to ask the state to pay for you? Would he be so tolerant of a poor ghetto youth getting free heart surgery? You know he wouldn't. He said everyone should pay his own way but then takes free health care when he's in trouble. What kind of a person does that?

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Phew - Some of that going around here also. Glad you escaped two locations!

Take care and keep notes on what the doc says.

Mart> For those of you who care one way or another, the reports of my death

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

And kick the dog?

And pulled the wings off a few flies?

Before breakfast?

TMT

He's one of those compassionate conservatives we keep hearing about.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

In my experience, what goes around DOES come around.

TMT

Yep, and I think it just did.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

A person like gummer. That's who. Did you notice how puffed up his buddies got when I simply said that I sincerely hope that one day he gets the health care that he wishes on everyone else? Those are the same friends who equally think that people who can't afford health care couldn't get it.

The truth be known, they really think that there are two kinds of people who deserve health care. Those who can afford it or have insurance and them/their friends. People who think like that should try moving to Colombia. It's really like that there. No money? No insurance? No service.

Reply to
Bob Brock

Glad to here you're still kicking. Stick around this ball of dirt a lot longer, okay?

Reply to
Steve Walker

OK, you know the drill...no more:

"Laughing, joking, drinking, smoking, 'til I've spent my wage..." (The Kinks)

Try grass fed beef, the fats are safer that feedlot fattened.

TL

Reply to
T.L. Davis

I have no desire to argue with you. Just wondering if you could be more specific. What program does he fall under for "what amounts to" state run medical care?

So you live in California? Sue

Reply to
Sue

I often wondered what those leg veins were doing before doctors ripped them out for heart work. Are they just spare parts? Isn't you leg going to miss them? What if you find out later that they lied to you and that was the vein supplying blood to your winky?

Reply to
Buerste

Gunner - I hope you recover quickly and get back to the usual chaos...

Reply to
Pete C.

Nah, wouldn't rejoice in your death, Gunner - far from it, your good value, even if you are a Neanderthal in your politics. (and its too far to go to the funeral, anyway), Look forward to more creative political fantasies from you.

BTW - any near death experiences, did you see anything beyond an astronomical medical bill?

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
vk3bfa

First welcome back.

Second, whilst you recover from the gaping chest wound, perhaps you should write a letter to the Doc that declared that your heart was in good shape, and ask him to explain how you went from good shape to nearly dead in 2 months.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Sez you!

OK. I'm pretty sure I'm not in his killfile.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Of course it grows back together. Six months after a quintuple bypass I was under no restrictions at all re rifle recoil and I could lift anything I was strong enough to lift.

Bonk!

I guess!

Reply to
Don Foreman

Either you clogged your arteries up in two months flat by eating 1000 doughnuts per day or the doc that did your exam got "partial credit" on all his med school exams. I am convinced that this country is slowly becoming populated by a "professional class" (doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, etc.) that are absolutley qualified to do nothing correctly.

Glad you didn't die.....the world needs us all or we wouldn't be here. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

Good to hear that things are going well. AMC & RCM weren't the same without you.

I second the suggestion to send a letter to the first doctor to ask how your heart got so bad so fast.

From the media California needs you up and about to keep the machines running.

Good luck and god speed.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee