Gunner's Status

It wasn't.

Reply to
Don Foreman

My heart and well wishes to you and your wife.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

34" ??? Goodgawd.... Are you sure they weren't collecting for someone else, as well??

What would you like as a get-well present? Mebbe we can arrange for a personal visit from Palin -- that is, if Alaska dudn't secede, first. Mebbe a Logic 101 book, that you can study whilst you recuperate? You know, to master the sillygism.... :)

Inyway, so much for the diagnostic skill of effing docs, eh? Curious, did they do a bonafide stress test? THAT should have picked up such a blockage. Did you notice anything on heavy exertion prior to this? Did you exercise on any regular basis?

You should really consider heavy nutritional support, boucou effing vitamins. *Extremely* important as we age. Trad'l docs dismiss this, but more and more are getting on board. I'll give you the straight dope iffin yer innerested.

We want you around, as Repube-ican Illogic sort of has its own strange aesthetic.

Best,

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

"Good to see your still herer with us man!"

Folks, see and learn the dangers of inbreeding...

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

I'm sorry, Bob. I wish you both the best. Sue

Reply to
Sue

Hey, Andrew, speaking of medical bills, here's some ammunition for you, when you're arguing about your health care system versus ours: I have POA for my mother and I received two bills for her two moderate hospital stays last year. Combined bill: $734,000. Yes, I have the comma in the right place and that's the right number of zeros.

Apparently her insurance paid around $85,000 and the hospital was satisfied with it. But if she had no insurance, the $700,000+ would have been her real bill.

That ought to be good for a discussion or two over a beer in Oz.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Glad to know you're still with us.

Bummer about you were gone, though -- someone said you were working hard making $$$, which would have been miles better than what you really were doing.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Small calibers IS 3006. And I just bought 250 pieces of new brass for the 375 H&H.....

Sigh...Ive been browsing the sternum question on the net..along with big calibers and the Weaver stance and big recoilers...So far its "your milage may vary"

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I know that it kept my right leg fed..it now feels like a side of mutton..cold very cold mutton. They say it will get better as the blood finds new pathways. I can walk on it no problem even with the Goth Delight line of stainless steel staples down the leg from ankle to crotch. Ill post pictures tommorow.

Now as to my winky...I think I still have one. The 'nads are still hanging there...but since they stuck a Foley catheter up there....it decided it doesnt want any part of that again, and is hiding. I have to sit to pee. Nothing to grab on to and aim.

I hope Ill see him again..Ive grown really attached to him over the years. Though they say I cant have sex for at least a month, even if he were present and accountable. Not even a hummer.

Dayammm!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ayup...but Im going to have a lawyer do all the work for a percentage. Not only they got it wrong, charged me $10k for 6 hours work, but are dunning me for the full amount. And damned near killed me. When the symptoms came on, I treated it like a bronchites attack and didnt bother calling 9-11. Not a clue that I was having a heart attack. What the doctor called "on a scale of 1-10..a 5"

Ayup we is gonna have us a talk with the Bakersfield Heart Hospital.....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

People with Foley catheters don't have to do anything to pee. Stop lying for once gummer.

Reply to
Bob Brock

Damn, there is another bill that won't get paid.

Reply to
Bob Brock

Same here Gunner, get well & kick the doctors ass that said you were fine.

Damn BB I hear when people retire their only joy is looking or talking about scars .

Reply to
Why

I got the same YMMV or "don't do it" shit about welding with an implanted defibrillator -- which you may become a candidate for after they assess the damage a few months down the road.

As for shooting, both my surgeon and cardiologist said do whatever doesn't hurt after six months. I think my cardiologist thinks I'm a pussy for not doing assaults on skis by now. We've discussed rifles some. He's an interesting guy.

I was shooting .357 Magnum full loads (hot handloads, not factory) six months and one day after my surgery. Tell ya whut, I shoot them better and enjoy them more now than I did before.

I don't think I'd care to shoot a .375 H&H off a bench, but that's a matter of motivation. I wouldn't have cared to do that before either. YMMV. I hadda say that, jiggle the old K-Bar a bit hee hee. We're not dead until we're dead and we're both way overdue so we're gliding on gravy. Relax, chill out, grin and enjoy the ride.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Get well soon Gunner !!

Reply to
adchin

Tawk about a California attitude!

They didn't almost kill you, you almost killed you but they kept you alive. Now you'd try to sue them because you cluelessly decided not to call 911?

May you and your lawyer deserve each other.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Nope...no NDEs that I recall, though dreaming..thats another thing. Morphine and vicodin tend to make for some really unusual dreams and chains of thinking when half awake.

One minute Id be watching the life flight helos coming in, and the next Id be precipice jumping off the heliport which would segway into my first jumps in airborne school...

Never boreing..but Im a guy who likes to live in Reality..and those momentary flashes of elsewhere were distracting.

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ive got the stool softeners covered. I never did take a dump in the horsepistol the 5 days I was there. However Ive don a bunch of Dairy Queen Dumps yesterday and to day...you know..the kind about 5 feet long and they wrap around the inside of the bowl about 5 times, with that little thingy on the top..

....ooooooh...wheres my huggy pillow! Laughing/coughing are STILL contra indicated without my huggy pillow!

Thanks guys, Its good to be back

Hell..its good to be alive.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

15 Dem votes in that little family, I'd bet - hardly the Sarah Palin mode....
Reply to
Mark F

Is "compassionate liberals" an oxymoron?

Reply to
Mark F