Gunners Home shop

LOL I wrote you a check, sight unseen, when you unloaded it and took off. That was the entire purpose of this purchase - to get $1,000.00 into your pocket. It was also the deal we made.

Wrong again.

LOL You and Skulsky split the purchase price. You delivered it because I didn't want it otherwise and there was a hefty premium paid. Dana offered me the thing for $75.00 if I wanted to take it with me. You, OTOH, got $200.00. He thought I was nuts.

I'm six miles from Skulsky - whom you regularly deal with. Twelve or so From Leigh.

My 4' X 6' inspection grade granite is on a castored stand and was purchased new from a reputable local vendor.

Sure they are. LOL

Gunner's fuzzy memory seems to have let slip another pertinent fact. I also picked up a hydraulic lift cart at the same time. The seals were shot and I knew it but didn't care. I'll rebuild the thing one day. What I didn't expect was the 1/2" chain and lock that was around the works. Gunner didn't have the key (hmmmmmmmmm.) so the lock needed to be cut off. Not having his bolt cutters with him at the time, he said he'd come by at some future date and cut the lock off AND PICK UP HIS GRINDER.

The lock and grinder are both in the same place they were when he left for home. I'm not especially unhappy with anything I purchased. I didn't really expect much and would never have had said a word. Calling me a thief changed that tune. There are few things I can't abide in a person but stealing is one of them. Falsely and knowingly accusing someone of this sort of thing is another. In fact, that's actionable.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

An addition to your summary: gummer claims that the grinder is worth $250 , and whines that picking it up requires him to veer from his normal path to the tune of $10 worth of gas. Conclusion: there's some other reason(s) that gummer hasn't picked it up. Reasonable speculation: gummy gave up his grinder for good reason a long time ago, and only brought up the subject because he's too stupid to keep his mouth shut about a bungled transaction.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

What happened to the 13th amendment? Said to have been ratified and adopted in 1865. December the 6th, I believe.

Regards,

J.B.

Reply to
jbslocum

The US at that time funded itself largely from excise taxes. Something that was ruinous to the southern states.

Wes

Wes