Gunners Home shop

Thank you, thank you Gunner. You have alleviated my guilty conscience about my shop clutter. BTW were you injured when the explosion occurred?

Stu Fields

Reply to
Stu Fields

Steve: I don't know where you got your bypass, but I don't remember any chest pain at all. Darn few pain pills after leaving the hospital. I do have a nice long scar though that seems to affect the nerves a bit right in the area of the scar. Have had my 3rd class flite physical for sometime now.

Stu Fields

Reply to
Stu Fields

Im cleaning and organizing while work is slow.....

taken 11-30-09 at 11:45pm

Sigh..it looks better in daylight. For shure..hell yes...sigh....snivel....

Gunner Asch

Looks like you could use a D9 Cat, and just push it all out the door and start all over! ;-) Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Dood,

How many square feet is alladat?

Can you get set up for any prototyping/production, mebbe get some jobs?

Where's the Confederit Flag? No Confederit Flag? Robert E. Lee Memorial?

Reply to
Existential Angst

How do you keep it so clean? Mine's a mess.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Thanks, fun to see. You need more tools I was surprised to not see any CNC equipment. Say, was one of those bikes the Indian you worked on a while back?

Karl (cranking out .308 by the bucket) Townsend

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Hey, watch that Robert E. Lee stuff. He's a very sensitive subject in my family. Where my son goes to school, Lee's birthday, January 19th, is "designated and set apart by the Board of Trustees as Founders' Day" to be "observed annually, forever, with appropriate commemorative exercises."

The commemorative ceremonies are held just a few feet from the burial place of Traveler, Lee's horse. I never asked how deep they buried him, but I'm glad we didn't have to dig the hole.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On different days his "ranch" is either 1/4 acre, 3/4 acre, or several acres. And he says he's wrestled an 8' rattlesnake and a 2' centipede. Now, which of his answers for the size of his carport and yard would you believe?

No time left over after 2000 Usenet posts per week. Besides, his power is soon to turned off, and use of the siphon hose needs to be rationed in order to keep the fridge and 'puter runnin' for a few days after. Hopefully Palin will get drafted before that and declare days 30 hours long, so that gummer will have enough hours to tell us how he punked PG&E by spending $1 for what they used to charge him a dime for.

He had 4 gross of those in soggy cartons, but traded them for a 55 gallon drum of evapo-rust... that must have leaked out into the dirt.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Not even an Omniturn! No nostalgia for Gummer, eh?

Reply to
Existential Angst

Ayup...it was bike #2

The 15"x52 Clausing is in there as well...chuckle..though covered by my machining bench

One of these days Ill pretty up the shop..but at the moment..it works ok.

I was taking pictures of the Rockford drill press and realized that when I looked at the pictures..it looked much smaller in the photos. That vise on the drill presses table..is a fullsized 6" Kurt clone and the machining bench is 6' long

That Clausing 8540 horizontal btw..is for sale.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

The blue machine on the workbench with the keyboard on the front is an OmniTurn CNC lathe control..the lathe is in the backyard. Ill have photos of it as I rebuild it.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

If you could package some of that empty floor space into a flat rate box I could certainly use it over here :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Looks pretty good. I need to continue cleaning...

Ignoramus11104

Robert E. Lee was an honorable man, no matter what side he fought on.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Mines pure white, still sanding drywall :(

Wes

Wes

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 06:46:59 -0800, the infamous "Steve B" scrawled the following:

It's a whole lot cleaner than I saw it a couple years ago. The new front door (rollup) makes a helluva difference, too.

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes, he was. And so was the horse he rode in on. d8-)

I've found it really interesting over the years to try to put myself in the place of antebellum Southern gentlemen and officers. Such a contradiction; some of the finest people we've ever produced, with one big blind spot.

Lee was the president of my son's university after the war. He instituted a number of things, including an absolute honor system. Anyone caught cheating or stealing is given an opportunity to leave quietly, or to submit to a student court and be drummed out if they're found guilty. Most tests are given without professors or proctors present. Some are taken home by the students. It's amazing to me, but it works.

They hold Lee in high esteem down there, and Stonewall Jackson, too, who lived in town.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Even if he owned the place free & clear with no debts I doubt he could sell what must be (by now) a superfund site to anybody.

Reply to
Cliff

IF he had one someone might expect him to get a job & earn a legit income.

Reply to
Cliff