Hand Made Mini V12 Engine

Pretty nice bit of machining skill.

Looks like the engine lacks ignition and fuel system though. Looks
like it runs on compressed air.
Dave
Reply to
dav1936531
snipped-for-privacy@is.invalid fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
Did you see the one on
It was a mini-V8, fully 'normal', and fueled; and it runs.
Now he's making a turbo-charged version!
Lloyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Yup, clearly not an IC engine. The cam gears are the same size as the crank gear, no spark, no cooling on the cylinders.
There was a guy from France that built a complete 1/3 scale Ferrari that ran. I saw/heard it at the 2006 or 2007 NAMES show, where it got the Joe Martin award.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Elson
His name is Pierre Scerri. He became famous when he appeared in "Jeremy Clarkson's Extreme Machines" in 1998. The clip is available on YouTube, but I have only found very poor quality versions.
His web page is at
Robert Roland

Site Timeline