hard drive rare earth magnets

Just in case you guys aren't joking, you use the plastic bag as if it's a glove, THEN turn it inside out, around the poop, with your hand now on the outside.

But you guys aren't _really_ that obtuse, are you?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If you have to ask, what does that say about you? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

We live in Washington State and the mountans around here are full of black magnetic rock. Not meteorites but some one who didn't know better might get excited.

Reply to
toolbreaker

I was going to write something like that, but decided it really didn't apply.

We lived East of Seattle and North of Issaquah on the Pine Lake Plateau. What is now Sammamish.

The "plateau" is all glacier till. I tried to check out the soil/rocks with a large, very strong magnet, and picked up great gobs of stone particles. Probably the remains of your black magnetic rock.

Also dug out a several pound rock that was entirely iron oxide (rust). Strangest thing I ever saw. Broke it up thinking there was an artifact in there somewhere, and it was rust.iron oxide all the way through.

Paul

Reply to
KD7HB

I was going to write something like that, but decided it really didn't apply.

We lived East of Seattle and North of Issaquah on the Pine Lake Plateau. What is now Sammamish.

The "plateau" is all glacier till. I tried to check out the soil/rocks with a large, very strong magnet, and picked up great gobs of stone particles. Probably the remains of your black magnetic rock.

Also dug out a several pound rock that was entirely iron oxide (rust). Strangest thing I ever saw. Broke it up thinking there was an artifact in there somewhere, and it was rust.iron oxide all the way through.

Paul

Some of the rarest meteorites found have been found in Antarctica. Almost every dark metallic object in the ice is a meteorite.

Steve B

So are some bronze metals too.

John

Reply to
John

That I don't want to confuse the idiots.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

BZZZT! Sorry, but there is no consolation prize!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hopefully, you turn the bag inside out, grab the poop, invert, and then SEAL the stinky, icky thing before disposal.

That's for the 10% of dog owners who bother to pick up the crap. Grrr.

-- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling. -- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Reply to
Larry Jaques

r"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 08 Nov 2010

13:12:28 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Large bag, or small dog. But the real trick is to put just a tad bit of bacon fat at the bottom of the bag. That will attract the dog, making it much easier to get it inside the bag in the first place.

Oh, and twist ties usually help.

Toodles

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Don't forget to keep their toenails trimmed, too! :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell