how to determine how many wires through given diamter

Hello, I have a bunch of set diameter tubes which need to fit inside another tube tightly. The numbers needed prevent getting them together and
measuring the diameter so how could i find out what the inner diameter of the outer pipe should be with x number of inner pipes with diameter of D? Hope thats clear, Thanks in advance
izzi4 wrote:

try here:
http://www.stetson.edu/~efriedma/packing.html
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.net (remove wallet to reply)

Once you do that, figure out how many items of *different* diameters can fit inside a given circle.
Then do it in three dimensions!
Jim
please reply to:

Your problem is a generalization of the Soddy Circle problem. For more information on Soddy Circles and related problems, see:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SoddyCircles.html
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things http://www.geocities.com/mklotz.geo
--