Idiot on Ebay (ohojim)

Try using your back button, that is where mine takes me.

Reply to
Ron Thompson

Maybe it's in my browser, but when I look at a specific item, and then go back, using the back button, I don't get to the same place on the page and have to scroll down to find my place.

Reply to
ATP

Unless he can continue to re-list those items that didn't sell on the first round.

Reply to
Mike Henry

Thanks that worked. I saved my little list because advanced features does not save the list for me. IE

mill wood steam practical manual guides book quality deep chart accuracy cut how taper operation keep running build projects list

I now just c> AllenB wrote:

Reply to
Bob

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:56:40 -0800, Grant Erwin brought forth from the murky depths:

You receive an email whenever someone posts feedback, so prompt reaction to that results in the same thing, Jim.

I found the link at the bottom of the page where I can set the list to display 200 feedback messages on one page, so I go there first. It's MUCH quicker. I also read the non-+++++++++++++++++ messages more carefully than those auto-reply jobs to get an idea of the seller's actual rep.

I was a victim of the revenge feedback when I dissed a bitz about sending me a Stanley plane with the handle broken in two and the holddown screw bent at 20°. She waited nearly 10 days before mailing it to me, too. Her listing was "small crack in handle". Luckily, I got to list those in an astonished response. "EFFER!" sez I.

To Vendors: If you want me to even look at your ebay item, do NOT put "L@@K!!!" or "WOW!" in the title/desc, please. Trust your viewers to have their own sense of what is and is not a good value to them. Also, we can tell if the item is offered without a reserve by the lack of the bright red letters saying "Reserve Price Not Met". You don't need to tell us.

--- After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in? --Steven Wright

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LOL. Search string = " -(l@@k, wow, manual, book, etc....)

Jim

jim rozen

I'm not sure what you mean by "advanced features does not save the list". Anyhow, you can save a whole search by clicking "Add to My Favorite Searches" near the top right of page 1 of search results. After you save it, click the "lathe -mill -wood -steam -prac" link on

do the search whenever you want.

With netscape-like browsers, as you view the favorite-searches page, you can drag-and-drop the lathe-search link onto one of the tools lines at the top of browser page. (You might also want to Edit Bookmarks / Bookmark Properties to shorten the resulting tool name; I have SSell, Serbay, etc. lined up on a tool line, standing for search by seller, search ebay, etc.)

Re ohojim's book listings, they look like legitimate machining books (eg,

) properly listed and explained, without any of the tactics proscribed in
so I think whoever started the thread is wrong to call ohojim an idiot.

-jiw

Reply to
James Waldby

Do they Ever? sell a machine? Hardinge HCs for $4500? weeks and weeks at a time...

I emailed one such seller a while back...wanting 1995 boom time prices for obsolete machines..and he emailed back his was worth $xxxx because it was so much prettier and cleaner. I followed his auctions for about 2 months and I dont think he ever sold a thing.

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

Ok, my browser was not acting properly, but now, after rebooting it is acting as you say.

Reply to
Bob

What about that guy who wants to sell a rack of old 5Cs for

400 dollars - plus the assorted scrap metal that one would have to ship, and then pay to have disposed of at your end...

Jim

jim rozen

"Mark Jerde" moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

But _eBay_'s customers (i.e. the people from whom eBay receives money in exchange for a service) are the _sellers_.

--cjb

Reply to
Christopher Biggs

*exactly*

I'm suprised that ebay allows restrictive searches at all!

Jim

jim rozen

They occasionally have a real ebay style auction, with no or low reserve. The rest of the stuff is in their ebay store, where it is apparently cheap to list items forever. Maybe they are just trying to keep their inventory on the web and attract inquiries, but it seems to me the prices are so high they are scaring off most interested parties.

Reply to
ATP

Hey TMT,

Yeah.... but he is SUCH a nice guy! OHO stands for One Horse Outfit, and that's him. Good seller in my books, although I agree about the band width. Blowing through his stuff can slow you down so much that you miss a bid on an item you wanted due to bid closing time-out.

Take care.

Happy New Year.

Brian Laws>I have been following this thread with some interest since this

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Just in case someone wanted to do business with OHOJIM, it might be illuminating to read what his reply to this same situation last year (from Google).

*//////////////////////////////
Reply to
axolotl

Grant Erwin wrote

Grant, You don't need the ebay store for this. Goto search by seller and at the bottom of the page search for more than one ebay id (yours plus the other guy). It will show the id numbers in the url.

Regards, dave

Reply to
Dave Ficken

A lot of his stuff seems to come straight from Lindsay. I haven't looked at his auctions lately but a while back he seemed to be listing Lindsay's books to open at higher than Lindsay's list price.

Reply to
Mike Henry

Reply to
Mike Henry

(snip)

His excuse THIS YEAR: (e-mail from OHOJIM, sent to me)

"Oh man! I screwed up! " "It's even worse than you think! It was 2am and I did something wrong! I'm still trying to figure out what it was because I sure don't want to do that again! I'd taken a sleeping pill about 9:30 with my prostate medicine so I could go to sleep and I went in to check the computer one last time. I saw that Friday was a free listing day so I told my wife I had to go back to the shop. I didn't remember the sleeping pill until I realized I just couldn't think and I was getting sleepy as hell. That was about 1am I kept at it until 2am and just gave up and went home. I didn't think I'd "gotten any auctions launched until about noon the next day when they all began to show up! " "At least half of them will be gone by Monday and all of them by Friday. " "Thanks for your patience! " "Jim " "

Reply to
Ms. Manners