Instant Engineer

I have been slowly accumulating stuff to make a CNC something. And so have been doing a lot of looking on the Internet. And saw the CAD program Instant Engineering V 14 on a CNC router website. More looking around and I find the program on Ebay for a grand total of $7.99 including shipping. I could not find anything on line that said it would save in .DXF format , but suspected it would. So ordered a copy and got it today. It will save in .DXF format and four or five other formats. Just a 2D program , but seems pretty good for the price.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I do not know Instant Engineering, but there are a few decent free 2D CAD programs out there. One is Draftsight

is basically a 2D version of Solidworks, but a little hard to learn.

There is also the Qcad Community Edition

is probably more limited and a little quirky, but easier to start using.

Reply to
anorton