Latching mechanism with 3 balls and cone

I'm working on a project and I need some form
of coaxial latch mechanism. I've seen something
with 3 steel balls and a cone and sleeve that
might work, but I don't know what it's proper
name is or where I can find a picture of it.
If it's any help, I think H&K builds a weapon
that latches the bolt with a similar mechanism.
Any help would be appreciated.
Reply to
Jim Stewart
Loading thread data ...
It's common in guns, typcally for sling swivel mechanisms.
I wouldn't be surprised. H&K make some beautiful things.
A google search term of "sling swivel" looks very promising, especially "quick detachable". Maybe you can find a cross-section, or a source for purchase that way.
Dave Hinz
Reply to
Dave Hinz
Sounds like the same type mechanism as a clothes line tensioner unit.
Reply to
Steve W.
Ball lock pins/quick release pins use this sort of mechanism. See McMaster-Carr starting on p. 3088. I think Carr-Lane, Reid Tool, Jergens, et al, sell this sort of thing as well.
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
I think that were two balls. At least at the G3 that I had for 15 months ...
Sorry, I know exactly what you want, but cant point your nose on it.
Reply to
Nick Müller
Sounds like an air coupler to me.
- - Rex Burkheimer WM Automotive Fort Worth TX
Jim Stewart wrote:
Reply to
Rex B
Try Googling for PIP Pins.
Used a lot on aircraft.
formatting link
Cheers Trevor Jones
Reply to
trevor jones
Across the pond we use them a lot on our gas-cooled nuclear power stations; generally called ball-latches or ball-locks. Always in custom plant though.
Reply to
Commonly used in the US for quick detach air and hydraulic fittings.
Reply to
F. George McDuffee

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.