Latching mechanism with 3 balls and cone

I'm working on a project and I need some form of coaxial latch mechanism. I've seen something with 3 steel balls and a cone and sleeve that might work, but I don't know what it's proper name is or where I can find a picture of it.

If it's any help, I think H&K builds a weapon that latches the bolt with a similar mechanism.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

It's common in guns, typcally for sling swivel mechanisms.

I wouldn't be surprised. H&K make some beautiful things.

A google search term of "sling swivel" looks very promising, especially "quick detachable". Maybe you can find a cross-section, or a source for purchase that way.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Sounds like the same type mechanism as a clothes line tensioner unit.

Reply to
Steve W.

Ball lock pins/quick release pins use this sort of mechanism. See McMaster-Carr starting on p. 3088. I think Carr-Lane, Reid Tool, Jergens, et al, sell this sort of thing as well.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I think that were two balls. At least at the G3 that I had for 15 months ...

Sorry, I know exactly what you want, but cant point your nose on it.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Sounds like an air coupler to me.

- - Rex Burkheimer WM Automotive Fort Worth TX

Jim Stewart wrote:

Reply to
Rex B

Try Googling for PIP Pins.

Used a lot on aircraft.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
trevor jones

Across the pond we use them a lot on our gas-cooled nuclear power stations; generally called ball-latches or ball-locks. Always in custom plant though.

Reply to
Newshound

Reply to
F. George McDuffee