LEST WE FORGET

They also serve who only stand and wait. John Milton

I thank you for your service to our country.

And I should note..combat is highly overrated.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

And I thank You Sir.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Yes, that's why it was moved to October (third Monday?) and why it was moved back. I don't think anyone's going to mess with it again soon.

Reply to
keith

Yeah, we should move the fourth-of-July next. ;-)

Reply to
keith

If "older brother" wasn't crapping in my bed and stealing my lunch, I migght.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

We think of the fallen of WW1 as "Lions Lead by Donkeys" so your comment is technically correct, but very disrespectful. Do try to be a little less unpleasant in your choice of phraseology, especially at this time of year.

Reply to
Paul Burridge

Easy

Sunday June 30, Monday July 4, Tuesday July 1, Wed July 2, Thurs July 3, Friday July 5, Saturday July 6 Alan in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8 VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address

Reply to
alan200

And my son's.

Hey, Jerod, the whole country's celebrating your birthday. Give the veterans a hearty thank you for the nation they enabled you to grow up in. :)

Reply to
John Husvar

Yowza! Happy Birthday, Gunner!

Reply to
John Husvar

You're a WW2 vet? Well, then, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

So's my dad. I thank him often, too.

Reply to
John Husvar

Oh, crap! ...and most have problems figuring out and adjusting to DST!

Reply to
keith

Seems ridiculously simple, if they and we minded our own business we could do away with an awful lot of fighting. But as simple as that sounds it's never going to happen as long as the US continues to have war after war after war. We have a lot of excuses for why we are going to war so often but by now they are pretty shopworn. I suppose when one country spends as much on it's military forces as the rest of the world combined like we do you can't blame it from using it at every opportunity. There is also never going to be any way for us to forget the dead and maimed veterans because we keep making more of them. Just think, if we were like some of the European countries that haven't fought a war since WWII, by now we would have a hard time remembering it. But like I said, we keep making more wars and more veterans so it'll be impossible to forget.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Reply to
E. Walter Le Roy

That's so funny., If they and we... but we get attacked and it's our fault. Sure.

Like France? Oh wait. They didn't fight in WWII either. We saved their sorry butts. And they've certainly make the radical islamists happy by minding their own business (notice the rioting of moslems in NY, LA, Chicago? Oh, sorry, that's Paris).

Tillman

Tillman

Reply to
tillius

And how did 'they' get 'here?'

The word you are looking for is 'deportation,' as in "don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out." [Applies in both France and the US]

Uncle George

Reply to
F. George McDuffee