Loctite discovery

The Chinese were doing it with toothpaste and such up till recently. It wasn't actually antifreeze but close enough it's a no no in US foods. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:00:47 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor qualm, Dan_Thomas snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com quickly quoth:

So don't.

The "scientific report" which gave the bad name to saccharin used levels amounting to 500 to 50,000 times the normal human dosage, given daily to rats. Among other things, such as bladder tumors, it triggered insulin release in rats which was not duplicated in humans. They never took it off the market but did add CAUTION messages to foods containing it. They removed those cautions in 2000 when further research failed to duplicate any problems for humans.

-- The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man. -- Euripides

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I thought this was a cydromeleader post for a minute there....

Yeah, I tasted it by accident a few years ago. Sorta like eating paste in grade school.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

TeeHee.... how's Crazy Glue Taste????

Reply to
Ken Sterling

don't know, but brake fluid is really bitter and hard to wipe off from around your mouth.

Petrol ("gas" for those state-side) isn't so bad but makes your lips feel funny.

Reply to
Den

Beware - gasoline (petrol) is a narcotic (in the formal medical sense of the word) and it really can kill you

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble

Don't worry I spat it out quickly! I was siphoning fuel - stupidly starting the flow by mouth - somthing you only do once (or twice).

Reply to
Den

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:26:19 +0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Den" quickly quoth:

I saw people get gas in their mouths too often, so I decided to avoid it myself. Instead, I took a flexible toilet float and punched two holes in it. One held the cutoff of garden hose, the other an 18" piece of clear tubing. I put the garden hose in the tank with the small side of the float pushed up against the filler neck. Then I blew with the small tube to pressurize the gas tank, causing the fuel flow without my being anywhere near it. I should have patented that idea

30+ years ago. Now it's too late, with anti-siphon necks and all.

-- Who is wise? He that learns from every One. Who is powerful? He that governs his Passions. Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody. -- Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You missed out on being a millionaire with that one - a neat idea.

Reply to
Den

That is an old trick Larry. Learned it from my Dad ~35 years ago. His wasn't quite so snazzy though, just a shop rag wrapped around the hoses and stuffed into the filler neck. You have to blow a bit more, but it works without the lovely mouth full of gas. Cough, cough, gag...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I think one of the most dangerous and fairly likely accident is getting the gasoline (petrol) into your lungs.

Don Young (USA)

Reply to
Don Young

An even simpler trick is to use a clear siphon hose. When you can see the fuel you know when to stop.

Reply to
William Bagwell

You would think that would do the trick, but I've still managed to get some in my mouth using a clear hose.

If you leave too big an air gap and are slow with the thumb it won't take. So one tries to leave the least amount of air and...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Been there, done that... different discovery process though.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Ed, I spent 12 hours Monday installing a trailer hitch package.

You had a better time than I did.

But I got it all in, and only have 5 screws left over.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Haha! That's what I used to say about the engine on my wife's Fiesta. Each time I put it back together, I had fewer screws left over.

My hitch would have gone on really quick except that the holes didn't line up perfectly well. So I opened up some holes with a rat-tail file, and got my son to lean on a pry bar to bend the hitch a little.

But you didn't take a whole lot longer than I did, by the time I was finished with the wiring and so on.

'Hope yours works fine.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress