Logan Lathe Gloat

Finally got something to move yesterday. Found myself a Model 1922,
11", 36" centers, V-belt style with legs & chip pan, 3 jaw, face
plates, steady, tool post and a dead center for only ...$125.00. Some
small repairs to accomplish but it runs well. I can hardly wait to
fire her up.
dennis
in nca
Reply to
rigger
Way cool, Dennis. How about a report when you get it set up?
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
sounds like a solid, nice basic lathe!
Ignoramus31708
BRAVO!!!!!
The 11" also uses 5c collets..get the collet closer?
Gunner
Gunner
wow nice price
Reply to
erik litchy
I'm only afraid I'll be too much of a pest as I start to ask questions. :) (Don't forget, you asked. :))
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger
And,as such, should be capable of handeling anything I'm likely to throw at it. Now if I were only so capable.
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger
No collet closer yet. The gentleman I bought it from was only using it to spin wood so had no use for most metal oriented holding devices, darn. Actually I'm not complaining because the low price will let me buy some accessories right away. :)
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger
Yep, really good. As I was loading-up people were still showing up and I had to watch to make sure they didn't drool on the bed.;)
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger
I am sure that you will (as you should) do great things with it! The price, also, is fantastic, I an green with envy!!!
Ignoramus31708
It's all part of the game. Can't tell you how much pleasure I derive from helping those that are just getting started.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
I'll be forwarding drawing of the parts for you to turn for practice...you need lots of practice!
Reply to
Tom Gardner
I paid a lot more for my 10X30 Powr Kraft/Logan , but it came with lots of tooling . There is a Logan Lathe list on yahoo , and Scott Logan is the moderator . These lathes are well supported , check out
. Tooling , chucks , belts etc , are available and priced reasonably . One of the very best small lathes out there , IMO ...
Reply to
Snag
Congratulations. If you have any questions, let me know. In the meantime, here are some sources that may prove helpful.
Logan Lathe Web Site
Model Number reference
Serial Number reference
Official Logan Lathe YahooGroup
Old Sales literature
Online Store
Parts Lists & Instruction Manuals
Scott S. Logan
It's almost as though you've heard the terrible terrible sounds I've made when using others lathes. ;)
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger
Thanks snag, that's a great site and I'm now "chitownrigger" on the Logan list. :) It looks like the folks at Logan are doing things the way I'd like to. Now if only the other manufacturers had done the same it'd be a used machine paradise. ;)
Thanks for the tip.
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger
Thanks Scott. You've got a great site with great organization. When I was in the used machinery business in Chicago between 1975 and 1983 I would have done anything for this kind of information, but, of course, no computers, web, etc. It would be great if other manufacturers could follow your lead (but I have some inkling of the difficulty and forgive them;)).
You'll be seeing "chitownrigger" on your group soon. Thanks again.
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger
That's what they're suposed to sound like...right?
Reply to
Tom Gardner
I used to think so until I had someone come in to the shop and take about 3/8" of mild steel off in one pass on a #5 Warner & Swasey turret lathe in, what seemed at the time, total silence. Shook me up almost as much as the first time I saw an NC machine running by itself (old fashioned huh ;).
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger