Logan Lathe Gloat

Finally got something to move yesterday. Found myself a Model 1922, 11", 36" centers, V-belt style with legs & chip pan, 3 jaw, face
plates, steady, tool post and a dead center for only ...$125.00. Some small repairs to accomplish but it runs well. I can hardly wait to fire her up.
dennis in nca

Way cool, Dennis. How about a report when you get it set up?
Harold
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

I'm only afraid I'll be too much of a pest as I start to ask questions. :) (Don't forget, you asked. :))
dennis in nca

Some
It's all part of the game. Can't tell you how much pleasure I derive from helping those that are just getting started.
Harold

sounds like a solid, nice basic lathe!
Ignoramus31708 wrote:

And,as such, should be capable of handeling anything I'm likely to throw at it. Now if I were only so capable.
dennis in nca

I am sure that you will (as you should) do great things with it! The price, also, is fantastic, I an green with envy!!!

BRAVO!!!!!
The 11" also uses 5c collets..get the collet closer?
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

No collet closer yet. The gentleman I bought it from was only using it to spin wood so had no use for most metal oriented holding devices, darn. Actually I'm not complaining because the low price will let me buy some accessories right away. :)
dennis in nca

rigger wrote:

wow nice price
erik litchy wrote:

Yep, really good. As I was loading-up people were still showing up and I had to watch to make sure they didn't drool on the bed.;)
dennis in nca

I'll be forwarding drawing of the parts for you to turn for practice...you need lots of practice!
Tom Gardner (nospam) wrote:

It's almost as though you've heard the terrible terrible sounds I've made when using others lathes. ;)
dennis in nca

That's what they're suposed to sound like...right?
Tom Gardner (nospam) wrote:

I used to think so until I had someone come in to the shop and take about 3/8" of mild steel off in one pass on a #5 Warner & Swasey turret lathe in, what seemed at the time, total silence. Shook me up almost as much as the first time I saw an NC machine running by itself (old fashioned huh ;).
dennis in nca
rigger wrote:

I paid a lot more for my 10X30 Powr Kraft/Logan , but it came with lots of tooling . There is a Logan Lathe list on yahoo , and Scott Logan is the moderator . These lathes are well supported , check out www.lathe.com . Tooling , chucks , belts etc , are available and priced reasonably . One of the very best small lathes out there , IMO ...
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"
Snag wrote:

Thanks snag, that's a great site and I'm now "chitownrigger" on the Logan list. :) It looks like the folks at Logan are doing things the way I'd like to. Now if only the other manufacturers had done the same it'd be a used machine paradise. ;)
Thanks for the tip.
dennis in nca

Congratulations. If you have any questions, let me know. In the meantime, here are some sources that may prove helpful.
Logan Lathe Web Site http://www.lathe.com
Model Number reference http://www.lathe.com/models.htm
Serial Number reference http://www.lathe.com/ser-no.htm
Old Sales literature http://www.lathe.com/catalogs /
Online Store http://store.lathe.com
Parts Lists & Instruction Manuals http://store.lathe.com/machinemanuals.html
| Scott Logan - ssl "at" lathe.com |
Scott S. Logan wrote:

Thanks Scott. You've got a great site with great organization. When I was in the used machinery business in Chicago between 1975 and 1983 I would have done anything for this kind of information, but, of course, no computers, web, etc. It would be great if other manufacturers could follow your lead (but I have some inkling of the difficulty and forgive them;)).
You'll be seeing "chitownrigger" on your group soon. Thanks again.
dennis in nca