Metal carving

I am looking for someone that can carve in preferably brass 2 to 4 inch men for a master for loss wax casting.

Roy

Reply to
Roy boy

Wouldn't it be easier to carve them in wax. Cast masters in brass and use them? Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

Or wood, which would probably last half a lifetime for a single craftsman?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I looked for someone that could do it in wax but it was suggested to have them made in metal.

Reply to
Roy boy

I am looking for any suggestions

Reply to
Roy boy

I think that's what Karl was getting at. Carve it out of wax, pour one, clean it up very good and then you can use that as a master for the wax molds. Or were you talking about making a brass mold???

Xenophon

Did the suggestor say why?

Reply to
Don Foreman