Metalcarving

I was watching a movie on Netflix last night (The American Hobo) and some hobo nickels were shown. I looked into it and found some interesting samples. Does anyone here carve anything like them?

-- Instant Gratification Takes Too Long! -------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

them?

Never heard of it before! Interesting web site. I remember many hobos from the 1940's. I was born 1939. I remember one gave me a bag of hard candy. Mom always said not to take anything from strangers, so I hid the candy for many months, then tried a piece. Was real candy and didn't kill me, so I ate the rest! Wish they waould have given me one of the carved nickels!

Thanks. Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

pret-ty cool! never heard of it before. i think i like best the one i'd imagine most people would like the least.

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:15:37 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "William Wixon" quickly quoth:

Nor had I until a couple days ago.

I think you're right. My favorites are: viking on main HN page

Poseidon
Hambone
UP Slumber & Loco 620
Amazon, frog, chief, kitty

-- You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques