Miniature screw assortment?

Lately I seem to be wishing for itty-bitty screws. I googled around and found suppliers and cool charts but it looks like $0.12 ea. in 100 qtys. for one size. I have yet to find an assortment. I haven't found taps cheap either. There's probably a big bunch of tips about handling miniatures and just how are threaded holes measured? And do you use an ittsy- bittsy thread gauge? ...and I have trouble with #4s...

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Try

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I think MSC sells taps down to 000-120 or thereabouts.

And no they're not cheap. And you won't find them at the ace hardware store, either.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Richard J Kinch

Hey Tom, I've been getting all of my brass screws from

They don't seem to be any cheaper than anywhere else. But they have screws down to 00-90 (and the taps and dies). They don't have assortments though. Mike

Reply to
mj

Contact a watchmaker's supply. They have screws so small you need a magnifier just to see them. I used to have a full set of watchmakers taps & dies, but a so called friend borrowed them and moved away in the night. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

Are you sure? The url got me to a site selling greetings cards.

"Click pictures for more details Christmas Selections "

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Perhaps me meant .

Reply to
J. Clarke

Should be

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mulhollan

Arrrrgh. Yeah....I meant micromark. sorry about that. mike

Reply to
mj

-

Number 4 - oh - 00's are on the web. oops - oo-90 to 2-56 is there range.

You looking for 4-40 ? kinda standard to me.

Here is a company - Glad I checked the web site - they moved! Site shows what they have - in general - but has a send a question.. E-mail addresses below.

Tim Doyle President

NUTS TO YOU FASTENERS, INC.

42307 Osgood Road unit Fremont, California 94539 Phone

(408) 956-0370 or (510) 824-0271 Fax: (510) 824-0276 Email

President: snipped-for-privacy@nutstoyoufasteners.com Office Manager: snipped-for-privacy@nutstoyoufasteners.com

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Tom Gardner wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

#4's are the smallest I stock, it's the real "itty-bittys" that I'm talking about. #4's ARE getting smaller though, as my eyes deteriorate.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I find a place called Micro Fasteners cheaper than Micro Mark.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Tom - Are the #4's Wood or Machine ? Hope you find what you are looking for.

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Tom Gardner wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn