Myford Super 7 spindle retrofit?

I thought I read soemthing about a retrofit kit for the Super 7 lathe, thich replaces the headstock spindle with one from the Plus series, giving it the 1" bore. Is this possible, or is the headstock casting on the plus model completely different?

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are vermin. Please kill them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

There's a very simple way to accomplish this retrofit, and it's much easier too. Better results.

1) Elevate Myford lathe six inches.

2) Translate Myford lathe five feet to the side.

3) Install South Bend 10L lathe in its former location.

4) Sell Myford for a potload of money to next person who desires a lathe with an undersized spindle bore.

5) Enjoy the 1.375 inch bore through your new machine, which can now be set up to accept 5C tooling with ease.

Jim

jim rozen

Hmm, perhaps I CAN find a use for that 10L I have sitting in the rental storage.. :-: =20

BTW: When I was searching for some pick of the 10L, I stumbled actoss this site about the macnine shop gear at a mueeum machine shop. The section titled "Be careful what you ask for" is funny.. =20

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are vermin. Please kill them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

What was that site's address?