Neat tailgate trolley

Hey Guys,

I'm posting this on behalf of a gentleman who reads us off Yahoo or Google or something. It is from Frank Roarty in New Jersey. He has come up with a neat gadget to roll a tool tray/table on and off his pick-up truck.

Have a look at the URL below, and pick the link for "handy table":

Photos took some time to load on my old 56K modem, but worth the wait.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario

Cross posted to modeleng-list

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I hadn't really visualized what was wanted from the original post but now that I see the photos on the web site mentioned in Brian's message a thought occurs to me.

A visit to the local ambulance barn and a careful examination of the trolleys they use to transport patients and load them into the ambulances might be useful.

The "handy table" illustrated on the site is certainly useful but what to do with the cart after unloading the tools into the truck? With an ambulance type trolley the wheels fold themselves under the tool tray as it is loaded into the truck.

Simple solutions can be found by anyone. Grossly over engineered solutions our specialty!

Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Errol Groff