nk

how could FEDEX know how the item is packaged, it is inside a box...

They accept all kinds of packages, but if there is a damage claim, they want the shipper to prove that the item was packaged according to their guidelines.

Ignoramus20247

UPS didn't like the way we had packed a VCR for a warranty return so they gave us a choice of going away and coming back with an acceptable package or letting them pack it for an additional [annoying but not all that unreasonable given the fact that we had to drive 20 miles to the UPS office] charge. They used that foam-in packing/insulation stuff.

Reply to
The Real Bev

wrote

I have shipped a lot of stuff on ebay. I have had damage claims. They do inspect packages that have been damaged, but they do not really inspect them when they accept them. They DO have the right to inspect the opened item and see if it was packaged properly, and to deny the claim on those grounds.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB