Of interest

Um, What does the regime change war in Iraq have to do with the twin towers thing?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

We conservatives can console ourselves that the Democrats had to run to the right of the Republicrats to be elected. Unfortunately, the GOP made that easy, and now seem set to go with Minority leadership the same folks who got us into that position. Well, who better to know?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

True enough. And its pretty obvious that the Dems didnt win on their ideas. Other than Anti Iraq War.

In fact..they still havent given us their agenda. Fascinating isnt it?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Sigh..you going to keep dragging that up?

Ok..fine. Republicans hide their pedophiles.

Democrats celebrate and reelect theirs.

Gosh Rigger..does that make the Democrats the party who approves of Pedophiles?

Looks that way to me.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Your inablity to provide hard data for you claims is again noted, and found pitiful.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Better that I put words in my mouth then you.. On the other hand..it seems that the DNC puts your words in your mouth for you..you got the latest talking points down pat.

Btw..if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has webbed feet and waddles..its a duck.

Your a Democrat, no matter what you call yourself on usenet.

The DNC programming gives you away as a typical Useful Idiot.,

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Tsk tsk..text book example of transference. Have you consulted with your mental health professional recently? They may wish to adjust your doses.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Which issue was that, pulling out of Iraq or increasing taxes for the rich?

You're reminding me of the guy behind the counter, who you tell you want the pack of candy to his right, and he reaches to his left. As I tell those counterboys, it's to your *other* right.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Neither did the neocons. In fact, they *lost* on their ideas. Want to try again?

The rest of us got it, but it's being kept a secret from you, Gunner. No peeking.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I thought you just said they don't have an agenda, eh? What is going on in your head these days, Gunner?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

LOL You sound like my instructor pilot Ed. No shit, his name was Doug Pulver. Swear to God.

Reply to
J. Carroll

Is this party open to everyone? If so:

One of our dear friends, a retired EE from Boeing, puts it simply: If anyone doesn't agree with the Republican platform, they're communists. A different point of view is not allowed.

Sigh! Very heavy sigh, in fact. We love him dearly, but hate his narrow-mindedness, which is only enhanced by his blind faith in religion (his religion, naturally. All others are a "cult")

If this is a closed party, please accept my apology for intruding. :-)

Harold

Wake-up, the election's over; even

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Mark Rand" wrote

Well, _that's_ easy enough. The everlasting mission of the GOP is to cut rich people's taxes. To get enough votes, it has to get not-rich people to vote Republican. The easiest way to do that is to whip up "patriotism". And the easiest way to do _that_ is to send soldiers into harm's way on _some_ pretext like "payback for 9/11", and then claim that only the GOP "supports the troops".

I know it's far-fetched to claim that invading Iraq was merely a political stunt in support of tax cuts for the rich, but is it more far-fetched than any other justification we've heard?

Imagine what would have happened if the neocons' wet dream had come true: Iraquis would have met our boys with flowers and sweets, Chalabi would have been installed as Cheney's puppet in Baghdad, the Republicans would have held Congress in '06, and next year Dubya's real mission would almost surely be accomplished: no tax on Paris Hilton's inheritance!

-- TP

Reply to
tonyp

On the other hand..Tony and his ilk want to tax American into prosperity and bend over for terrorists, and Tony would even supply the Asstroglide and a thank you at the end.

Gunner

Gunner

Well, I guess now that the gods have spoken through you, we can just elect you president of the world and forget about all lesser creatures, right? I doubt I've read any comment by you so foolish. This is getting disappointing.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Hey wait! Aren't you entitled to free Government meds? Your comment about not using any makes me wonder: WHY? They'd do you a world of good, I'm sure ( although they might tell you to knock off the Dew and cigs).

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

================== The Democrats should always remember that many people did not vote for them because they were Democrats, but because they weren't Republicans. This is a big and crucial difference. In

2008 the same people may well vote for the Republicans because they are not Democrats.

Unka' George (George McDuffee) .............................. Only in Britain could it be thought a defect to be "too clever by half." The probability is that too many people are too stupid by three-quarters.

John Major (b. 1943), British Conservative politician, prime minister. Quoted in: Observer (London, 7 July 1991).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Got any data to back that up? All the numbers I've seen show just the opposite.

Reply to
no spam

I'll ask the two questions I ask all the 'tax the rich' people out there:

1) How many poor people have given you a job? 2) Who gave the 'rich' their biggest tax cut? Hint, (IIRC) he cut the top tax rate from 70+% to 40% or so.

How about the fact that everyone (including the leader of Iraq) thought he had the ability to make chemical and nuke weapons.

She's doing a Teddy Kennedy, putting her inherited money overseas and not paying ANY taxes. How do you think he has kept so much money w/o working?

Reply to
no spam

Check your history. It was a Democrat member of Congress who ADMITED to doing a 17 y.o. page. All the Republican did was send some dirty text msg. Then you have the Democrat Congressman who had his lover running a call guy business out of his home. And that doesn't even bring up the Democrat that was cheating on his wife with an intern who was younger than his daughter. The first two actions would have landed you in jail, the last one gotten you fired. But for the Democrats it seems to be the way to (parden the pun), get ahead.

Again you didn't answer the question? What lies? If I were you I wouldn't try to bring up the Iraq war or I might have to bring up the fact that he was saying the same thing all the leading Democrats were saying before and at the time.

From what I have seen/read the ball is already on the ground. Who is going to recover it is the question. Almost all the Democrats elected ran well to the right of the current Democrat leadership. What do you think the voters who elected them are going to do in '08 when they see what the Republicans saw in '06 times 10?

Why is it that liberial's revert to personal attacks? Can't their ideas hold up? A lot of very smart people have trouble spelling. The same way a lot of other very smart people have problems with higher math. You just don't see much thermodynamic or differential equations on a newsgroup.

Reply to
no spam