Of interest

wrote:

Id stated many times..the Republicans were in for a close election and as the time grew nearer..indeed it got dicier and dicier. It was hardly a "landslide" and if more republicans had simply showed up at the polls, they would have won, while losing a few seats
One should look at the history of 6th year elections as well. Typically the loss to the minority party is 44 seats. The Republicans lost something like 35. So the Republicans did much better than average.
And yes..the Republican leadership has screwed the pooch, which Ive stated quite clearly. Ive also voiced my continued support for the war in Iraq..which oddly enough..the Democrats are now starting to do again. Charlie Rangle may well get his wish and the Democrats may indeed fire up the Draft again.
Lets wait and watch as the Dems start showing the good things that have occured in Iraq..and start getting tough with Iran and Syria. Two nations they have on paper..been supportive of over the past 4 yrs.
We do live in interesting times
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

Replace "republicans" with "democrats" and you're right back where you started. I guess the dems had more reason than the pubs to vote. Either that or some the pubs were too ashamed to be seen voting. In fact, if you don't mind me asking: How did you vote?

Hey, that's really great. I'm glad there's a bright spot in this for you.

Instead of doing things with our troops the way it's being done now (extending tours, lack of armor, cutting of pay and benefits, etc.)??? Is that what you meant??? Tell us, using your experience as a guide, if this is the way troops were treated in Vietnam and if you approve of the way your party has treated the troops lately. I'm really interested in your answer, but instead of just a snappy answer please be comprehensive.

Don't hold your breath too long. I doubt if anyone could quickly resolve the shit-pile created by Bush and Co. and the Democrats haven't shown themselves to be intellectual giants either. On the other hand I doubt anyone could do as badly as the Republicans but, then, the Republicans in particular seem to hold no particular interest in the welfare of either our troops or the Iraqi people, I hope the Democrats will show more interest.
dennis in nca

Extending tours..hum..lets see..in FDRs (Democrat) War you enlisted for the duration plus 6 months. Not the duration of your tour..but the duration of the war. No matter how long it took.
You do know that FDR (democrat) got us into WW2, and we didnt even have enough guns or tanks to train with? Our recruits were issued broom sticks in lue of guns, and "tanks" were actually trucks. Those that couldnt get trapdoor Springfields..made in 1867....with no ammo.
We were utterly overmatched in the air and on the sea. Pay was with scrip. There was NO family housing..and damned little housing for the troops. Many had to buy food out of their own pockets or go hungry. Armor? That was something you drove..if you wernt on foot or behing a horse. This btw..in 1941-42.
Yet 4 yrs later..we had beaten both the Japs and the Krauts. Universal draft unless you were necessary to the war effort or too old, too young or medically unfit to serve.
Pay and beni cuts? Really?
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/militarypay/l/aajackpot.htm
http://www.azcentral.com/specials/special40/articles/0409lpvets0409Z1.html
"The fight over what is known as "concurrent receipt" has repeatedly cropped up on Capitol Hill. Veterans groups have successfully pushed Congress to slowly dismantle a system that dates to the 19th century.."
19th Century...hum...oh fuck yes..thats Bush's Fault for sure.
My party? The ones who demonize the troops by calling them stupid and uneducated? Hummm..no..that was Kerry. The one who calls them vicious baby killers? Ah..no..thats the Democrats
Lets see....
http://www.military.com/military-report/most-retirees-to-get-benefit-increase http://www.military.com/military-report/deployed-troops-get-reduced-telephone-rates http://www.military.com/military-report/hearing-aids-for-active-duty-family-members http://www.military.com/military-report/scholarships-for-servicemembers-and-family http://www.military.com/military-report/navy-graduate-education-voucher-program http://www.military.com/military-report/tricare-reserve-select-premiums-unchanged http://www.military.com / http://education.military.com/money-for-school/gi-bill/learn-to-use-your-gi-bill?wh=wh
Etc etc etc
Nam? We had the Bill. We also had refusal to deal with Agent Orange, PTSD, drug abuse, mental illness etc etc and a public that hated our guts. Not to mention substandard medical treatment of all types.
Can you say the same about todays boys and girls?
No.
But thanks for playing and demonstrating just how big a dumb fuck you really are.
Gunner
Political Correctness

You should have seen him and a lot of the posters filp-flop and the Y2k flop.
Bob Brock wrote:

Yep, big "flip-floppers", all of them. Just another name for "cut-and-run." LOL
dennis in nca

That's simple. Gunner is a Repo-Libretardian. That is to say, he doesn't really have a political home. With one foot in anti-liberalism and the other in anti-authoritarianism, he doesn't recognize that he's cherry-picking from two opposite ideologies, gets the two confused all the time, and then winds up just wanting to shoot somebody.
-- Ed Huntress

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and has webbed feet.....
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

Well then Sieg Heil to you our little nazi-ish storm trooper. Suggesting any countries to invade or innocent people to kill lately? Or have you given that sabre ratteling up since the elections dashed your hopes?
dennis in nca

Really? So you are calling me a Nazi? Why not call me a Communist, or perhaps a IslamoFascist?

Talks like a duck......

Dashed my hopes? I have a strong feeling the Democrats may be planning on bringing back the draft and sending more troops to Iraq.
So much for your illusions, you silly little man.
Gunner
Political Correctness
Gunner wrote:

Anyone who'll promote taking the lives of others for a gallon of gasoline.....???
You make yourself sound as bad as that coward Bush you so adore.
dennis in nca
Gunner wrote:

By that measure you and Bush are bleeding heart liberals Gunner. Bringing freedom here and there to save the populations of various foriegn countries from there mean old leaders. You probably think Saddam Hussien created the country he ruled. That's crap, Iraq created Saddam Hussein. Now go ahead and explain the "No spending left behind" way a Republican House, a Republican Senate, and a Repuiblican President blew up the US budget, debt and deficit. Is there anything these idiots won't throw a hunderd million dollars at?
--

John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

Doncha know there is a war on? Leaving the Perscription Drug Bill aside..which the Democrats claim didnt go far enough.....
Least Bush didnt give us Midnight Basketball......
Now what was FDRs/Trumans debt costs vrs GDP again? Korea....?
FDRs debt was 120% of GDP. Bush's is half that and in 1941-53..there were no where the entitlements we have today.
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6788/usdebtvsgdp4ta.jpg
So it would appear that you are simply pissing down your leg and claiming its raining.
Gunner
Political Correctness
Gunner wrote:

FDR??? Why not talk about Abraham Lincoln's spending you idiot.
dennis in nca
Gunner wrote:

I didn't, and I follow these things. We declare war on somebody and I missed it? You wouldn't be referring to Bush's "Free the Peoples" meddling in Iraq are you? He'll be over there having our troops teaching them the words to Kum BayeYa shortly.
Leaving the Perscription Drug Bill

Yeah, they thought it would be a good idea to negotiate prices and use the savings to provide a better benefit. Silly rabbits.

No, his infinite wisdom has "given" us all what might turn out to be the longest list of failed policies and treachery in modern times. The stoop couldn't even get a meeting with our alleged allies in the Middle East recently. I wonder if they even take his calls.

Cost isn't meaningful Gunner. Cheney had that right. Value is the important measure and Bush has pissed away a tremendous quantity of American resources and gotten much less than nothing for the expenditure. Bush gets less value for a dollar of his constituents hard earned money, or human life for that matter, than any President in our history. He hasn't delivered a single worthwhile result on any front. Not one. Were our armed forces to have to undertake an actual war somewhere in the world, they would nearly have to walk around throwing stones at the enemy.

Not down my leg, on your shoes.
--

John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: <snip>

<snip>
Ahw, Cliff can be a real pain in the bump sometimes, but I surly would not rate him #2 contemptuous individual on Usenet. I've seen many much worse than him.
--
Shat T. Cat
Creature of Cyberspace

Sure, but Gunner has repeatedly proven himself to be the 'Sandiest Butthole on Usenet'.
Congrats, Gummy.
--
Note to Bush: 'Terraced' and 'terrorist' are not homonyms.

So Joe..which one were you in the Maplethorpe photos?
Gunner

I read and delete nightly. Do you actually save every post? How about pizza boxes and string? Ill bet you do....

Chickenhawk is defined as someone who wants war, but will not participate. Ive done more than my time in the Green Machine, and in fact tried ti join again. Hence I dont fit your classification.

Oh fuck yes. Indeedy...snicker...

This is the first post in the thread. All others being deleted nightly. So post em and Ill respond.

Merry go round logic again from you Joe. Please try harder to break the cycle. You actually are starting to sound like a tweaker.
Gunner

Makes it convenient to dodge being called on things, eh? Makes it easy to omit cites when called out.

Who said anything about military service? I was referring to your Uber-Reigh wing proclivity toward little boys.

Do your own legwork, I've already called you on them several times. Each time an unartful dodge. Go back to Google. Surely you didn't manage to delete your allegations from Google.

See above.

It is indeed circular. You make claims. You can't back them up. You call for the claims to be reposted. You again fail to respond. Lather rinse repeat.
--
Note to Bush: 'Terraced' and 'terrorist' are not homonyms.

Actually Shmoe..it makes it far easier to read posts when I dont have to scroll though a gazillion subject lines in a given thread.
You dont toss pizza boxes or gum wrappers, do you....

Odd..thats a term Ive not heard in a long time. Its fascinating you are so familiar with it. Is this something your brothers in NAMBLA use between each other? Your attempted transference is however..noted. And laughed at.

Why should I bother looking up something I simply dont care about just to satisfy you? Either present them here..or fuggetaboutit. Ive better things to do for people I actually have respect for.

Yawn..see above indeed.

So when are you going to provide those claims and break the cycle? You do have them saved, do you not? Search down on the floor in the litter of pizza boxes and empty soda cans in the shithole you have made of your Moms basement, and drag em out.
Gunner