Online Machining Intro

This site has some basic introduction to machine tool operation and shop practice accompanied by rather decent photographic illustrations. Included are suggestions for initial tool purchases and textbook recommendations.

Note: Be sure to utilize the drop-down menus.

David Merrill

Reply to
David Merrill

Saw these just now:

Insert usual disclaimers here.

Snarl

Reply to
snarl

Wonder if it's legal to park an RV on residential property in Tukwila. Stick wheels, taillights and a trailer hitch on 'em ...

Reply to
Don Foreman

LOL =)

Good god that would look ugly.... But practical for his purpose

Brent Ottawa Canada (I live within a mile of the city limits where its not even legal to park an RV on residential property)

good thing i bought on the right side of that border =)

Reply to
Brent

Until they annex you to collect more taxes ;)

nick hull

Heard of annexing, eh?

Reply to
Wes

I already got annexed by the BIG city of ottawa so did the dweebs with the silly bylaws.

So far because the city is glued together out of 31 municipalities and counties it currently has 31 different sets of zoning standards for now.

At worst the "Rural/Farm" level of zoning where i am will be tightened a little but the pickle up the keester rules of that other place will vanish and it will be at a normal city level.

Currently the city has not directly addressed the shipping container as a building unit

local construction companies LOVE them as site storage and as such i suspect the city will not look at them as structures for a LONG while.

Reply to
Brent

Heh! If it were me, I'd pack all my stuff in those cans and get th' hell out of Tukwila. No wait, I *did* that already.

But I think it was Larry Jaques(sp) who said it was $2,800.00 for one

20' can down near Medford, OR. For similar money he'd get a free 40'er thrown in th' deal. Pretty sure there's a railroad yard near there and Tukwila.

Snarl

Reply to
snarl

I beleive some of these may be available - cheap.

cavelamb himself

I loaded/off loaded barges for 13 years, some looked a lot like those. Th' Bering Sea and Arctic Oceans can be mighty brutal sometimes.

Snarl

Reply to
snarl