OT: All collor printers print unique ID on every page (WP article)

This is in today's business section:

One of those great ideas like having a disinformation branch in the Pentagon for the "foreign" press or having DARPA collect all available data on US citizens.

While the desire to stop currency counterfeiters is commendable, this may well be another over reaction with far reaching implications for rest of the world and future generations. While I am positive Dick Cheney would never use this tool to track down someone who published pictures of war dead arriving at Dover AFB, I would not put it past Putin or the Chinese to track down people who published pictures THEY did not like.

And the printed code is unique to the printers serial number. If you registered your printer, or if the store tracks S/N on the invoice, then it is only a couple phone calls.

Reply to
???