OT-- Any of you guys using a "man purse"?

Reply to
Gunner

a bowling ball bag is what I keep in the truck to hold my welding helmet, clamps, angle grinder and wheels, along with the Lincoln Weldpack100

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

I use a WWII gas mask bag for my outdoor excursions fitted out with appropriate gear. The one strap "teardrop" style knapsacks from LL Bean (and others) are very practical for places where the gas mask bag would be inappropriate.

Reply to
barbsam418

You might also look at a flight helmet bag from a surplus store.

"Possibles Bag" from the blackpowder crowd come in a variety of styles too.

Reply to
Rex B

Just think of the auto spry can of Dykem ink - over the stealing hand/arm :-)

Maybe remote control with the toys of today - like a car lock switch... Might be fun to watch!

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

According to Randy Replogle :

I have a belt-mounted leather pouch which contains calculators (scientific and computer math types), pens, checkbooks, lots of small screwdrivers, tire pressure gauge, pin vise, and several 6" steel rules.

The cell phone (when I take it with me) lives in another belt pouch, custom to it. Another belt pouch has the Gerber "switchblade pliers", and yet another leather holster contains a Mini MagLite sized LED flashlight. My keys also hang from a carabiner on my belt.

As should be obvious -- I'm not out to win fashion awards. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Crom.....you got more shit than Batman!!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:29:26 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

You forgot to ask "Is that a real carabiner, or a Searz carabiner?"

(And I doubt there are many readers of this newsgroup who are real fashion plates, Don. Hell, I keep clothes around so long that some of my 70s shorts are back in style. Wanna by a pair of gently used OP wide-wale corduroy shorts?)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends --

Comprehensive Website Development --

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I still holding out for my Neru jackets to be fashionable again. (and yes..they still fit. Sorta )

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

I donated mine to Goodwill a while back when I tried one on and found that I could get my arm about halfway down the sleeve.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:18:58 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

Crikey, I had a Nehru jacket when I was the equipment manager (official title for the 13 y/o brother of the lead guitarist's girlfriend's brother) for the band in 1966. Man, has it been THAT long? I'm absolutely positive mine would no longer fit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends --

Comprehensive Website Development --

Reply to
Larry Jaques

According to Larry Jaques :

[ ... ]
[ ... ]

Actually, those are Home Depot fake (small) carabiners. But I do have real carabiners, where I am more concerned about the load-carrying capability. The fake ones are nice for hanging keys from my belt, at least. :-)

Hmm ... I no longer fit into my 70s clothes -- but I probably still have some of them around. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:20:41 +0000, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@d-and-d.com (DoN. Nichols) quickly quoth:

Just remember: NEVER trust your life to one. I wonder how many Darwinian awardees there are for using a Searz carabiner for rope tricks.

I still can't believe they're back in style.

-- History is often stranger than fiction. Fiction has to be plausible. History is what happens when people don't follow the script. --pyotr filipivich, RCM

Reply to
Larry Jaques

cubes out of

I drop coins down there when I see the slot.

Reply to
Kathy

--Trouble with these things they assume you've got a waist and use a belt to hold your pants up! Being, basically, a porker, I converted to suspenders a few years back, heh.

Reply to
steamer

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner wrote on Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:29:26 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

He should go with a similar scheme to batman: pouches on a belt.

Or grab a trick from Uncle Samuel: Load Bearing Equipment. Comes in Desert Tan, Dark Green and the ever popular Formal Eveningwear Black (goes with just about everything.)

I used to just carry everything in a variation of book bag with shoulder strap. But even then, there was more stuff being carried than used. "The twelve tribes of Israel took less with them when they left Egypt!"

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich