OT can an adult learn skateboarding

How's that go... AHh... You can fool me twice ahhh

No not that one.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Steve, have your asked your congressman to get involved? That's one of the few things they are good for, especially in an election year.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Agreed. But you should wear the appropriate protective equipment. You wouldn't run your mill while "just learning" without safety glasses, would you?

Reply to
rangerssuck

What I can tell you about skateboarding -

Adults don't bounce nearly as good as kids do.

HTH

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:

Steve B

Gunner Asch on Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:40:18 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Sgt Armstrong had a buddy shot in the door of the Freedom Bird. Absolutely the last possible moment to get shot.

If you are happy, or just plan content, with your life; then it was a good one. I joke, but there is truth - you're not getting out of it, so you might as well enjoy it. Work, school, travel, chores, life v- might as well enjoy the ride.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch on Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:28:59 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I've known people who had one name on their birth certificate, but everybody calls them by another name. As the one guy put it "A is my legal name, D is well, 'not' ..."

Le Shrug. Cie L'vie. Und so weiter.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

My wife goes by her middle name but all documents use her first given

- confuses a lot of people. In secondary school, I was often asked how I was related to the person bearing the short version of my first given.

Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Ouch. Then there are the guys who have had thousands of round go over their heads in the field only to come home to be knifed by a junkie a block away from his home in broad daylight.

Uncle Abe had a nice saying 'bout that: Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The best story I've heard was of the Colonel traveling to his new assignment, and as they were enroute, his wife decided that she didn't want be called by either her first name, or her nickname, but by something else. Okay, it is a free country. But when they arrive at the base, and he meets the other officers of his new command, during the introductions he forgets what she wants to be called, and so turns to her and asks "What did you say your name was, dear?" Just the thing to make that all important first impression.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Why a skateboard? Why do what everybody else is doing?

Learn to ride a unicycle!

For a skateboard, strap a thick pillow to your butt. ;-)

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

And a big one for the butt. ;-)