OT can someone recommend a good network TV device

I would like to buy a networked device that plays DVD, youtube, netflix, has a web browser, and also can play from network storage, such as NFS (preferred) or Windows shared drives (less preferred, but acceptable).

I need a HDMI output.

I download most movies from the pirate bay.

This would be for the family room in my warehouse.

Any recommendations?

Ignoramus28058

"Ignoramus28058" wrote in message news:mO6dndfTJsswLXLSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

The VLC player can play 7MC's HDTV recordings on an XP machine.

For Unix:

didn't get far with knoppmyth on office-PC hardware. You could ask Wes Newell on alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Any computer. Load xbmc on it and your good to go. Don't even have to unrar your movies that you download.

tnik

Or you can get most any larger flat panel TV with all that stuff built- in, hook it up to a network and go.

Stan

Reply to
Stanley Schaefer