OT: Cat Baths

Bud had his first bath at about 10 weeks. Lucky was about 18-20 months old when she came to us, absolutely FILTHY and scared half to death with burned feet from riding about 60 miles on the transmission of an '89 Dynasty.

I guess she figures a bath now and again is a small price to pay for a clean warm bed and full-time staff.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

-- Snip--

Some sort of restraining transport mechanism is in order.

-- Boris

Reply to
Boris Mohar

She came back. Broke into the house yesterday and woke me up. Shoved out a vent in block skirting and found a way in. I think the critter made it inside via a section of flooring I am replacing. When I wake up to wild pussy in bed, I want it to be human.

She is now living in a box outside with catering service via me. I'm not up for a house cat at this time. I wonder how big a lightbulb I need to wire up to keep her from freezing? What would the optimum sized box be for a kitten?

People that don't care for their pets and their offspring deserve a special place in Hell. She is NOT my pet.

I wonder if I paid for getting her fixed if it would increase her chances of getting adopted from a shelter?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

You can't use a bare bulb for heat. A battery blanket or heating pad under a metal sheet covered with a blanket woks fine (heating pad on low) or the bulb needs to be protected from direct contact. A box about 2 feet square is plenty large enough. with an access hole sheltered from the wind.

25 watts should be adequate, but a 100 watt bulb on a dimmer set low makes more heat and less light and allows you to adjust output.
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

You know there are sick people out there that will readily "adopt" any cat they can get for free, right?

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

You can use a bulb for heat IF you put 2 or 3 in series so the surface heat is low.

nick hull

A 2x2 x 12" box with a 20 watt lightbulb and some old carpet over the the top of the box will keep her snug and warm. Perhaps a little L at the door to break the wind.

She actually found you INSIDE your house?

You have been Chosen. There is no getting around it. You are now her property. Get used to having her around. She will be good for your soul, your Kharma and your pysche.

Consider yourself lucky. Few are Chosen so clearly and definately.

She will be a good mistress.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner