[OT] Coffeepot temperature

Agreed. But I believe Ford knew relatively slow impacts would cause the fuel tank to rupture spilling gasoline which, if ignited, would turn the car into a furnace. Ford knew or should have known because of the suits and warranty claims. I can choose dangerous activities but at least let me know how dangerous it is. Is that too much to ask?

If we had as many meteorite strikes as we do rear-end accidents I imagine you might expect to have your house protect you. So my answer to your first question is YES (as long as we're comparing apples and apples).

I see "people parking on the railroad tracks" as the reason instructions with a new toaster will say "CAUTION: TOASTER MAY BECOME HOT" or words to that effect. I see the same problems as you LJ just see them from a different angle.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Here you go - The *ONLY* warning label that *ANYBODY* with any sense of self-preservation needs:

(Note: For purposes of the rest of this post, "you" and similar pronouns are intended to be read as a generic, rather than a specific, unless otherwise noted or clearly evident from context.)

"WARNING: Life is an inherently hazardous condition, and you are responsible for asessing all risks and dangers involved."

Quite frankly, if you can't cope with that one, you're not qualified to continue breathing, and burying you wil be nothing more than disposing of one more piece of worthless garbage.

On this much, we can agree. What I don't/can't/won't agree with is your ("otherwise noted") supposition that because a product *COULD* cause harm, the person or organization making that product is responsible for your stupidity when you either use it wrong and get damaged as a result, or ignore the dictates of common sense (Namely, asking yourself "Am I skilled/knowledgable/educated/experienced enough to determine that *I* can use *THIS* product safely?") and get yourself creamed.

In other words, if you're stupid enough to "take it on faith" that everything is going to behave exactly as you expect it to, then you're too stupid to live. As in " You! The dumbass! Yeah, YOU! OUT OF THE GENE POOL - NOW!"

Reply to
Don Bruder

Do you suppose my overabundance of compassion is somewhat balanced by your lack?

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger