OT: Connector

I'm looking to see if anyone is aware of a company that sells off the shelf connectors like the ones for cordless phones. The little spring loaded connectors that touch the phone to recharge it. Is anyone aware of a company that has these off the shelf? Thanks

-Stephen

Reply to
Zipper

Well, this is more of a contact than a connector, and each design is specific to that particular phone, with whatever spring rate and metallurgy the designer decides will work best. You might be able to contact the mfr directly and see if they can get you replacement parts.

Reply to
carl mciver

Pogo pins perhaps? Probably.

Halfway down this page...

Newark must stock them as well.

Also...

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Those contacts are normally custom built. The biggest thing with them is how the ends are setup to connect to the electronics. There are, as another mentioned, "pogo" pins which are used in the hot testers for electronic assemblies to make contact with locations on PCB assy. and they aren't too expensive. The other thing is to get the spring side contacts made up from stamping phosphor bronze and getting it gold plated and the other side of the contact is a pad on a PCB that is usually gold plated also. Tin plate will work but the resistance is higher and you may have more troubles with corrosion and dirt.

Bob May

Well thanks for all the suggestions, it looks like you're all right, you don't seem to be able to find them off the shelf, was going to use these for a little project, but I don't think I'll be going with this solution after all. Thanks again for all the help.

-Zipper

Reply to
Zipper