OT - eBay does something right!

Last week I bought a Milwaukee PEX cutter on eBay for $8.99. Great price.

But then I looked more closely and got suspicious: the price was about a

1/3 of retail, he had 100 for sale, it was free shipping WORLD WIDE, and he only had 6 feedbacks (as a buyer).

So I emailed eBay and reported it as a "Possibly fraudulent listing". They took it down immediately! I guess they were motivated by the possibility of having 100 buyers claiming refunds under their buyer protection policy.

Also, PayPal shows my payment as "Pending", so I guess there's a holding period before the seller gets his money. So long, sucker.

I think that I should get a reward from eBay.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

You sure they weren't Milwalkee of China brand?

Yeah, no doubt the maker knocked out an extra 100k of them to make a little side money.

Sure. They'll send you one of these:

It's what I use. Cuts PEX like butter; easier than PVC.

Reply to
Larry Jaques