OT - Go Red Sox !!!

I've lived in close proximity to Beantown for 51 years now, after treking here from California in '53 to enter the freshman class at the "good school" in Cambridge.

I'd almost given up hope of seeing the Sox win the world series in my lifetime.

Now it's looking like the curse of the Bambino might have been lifted.

I'm hoping....

Oh, and for some metal content, how about this sign which went up at a local Holiday Inn last week:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Jeff sez: "> Oh, and for some metal content, how about this sign which went up at a

And more "metal content" might be in the number of (metal) cars turned over and set afire by crazed, drunked-up, sports fans.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Ok, as a lifelong, dyed-in-the-wool Yankees fan, I'll wish you this one. But you just get one. >

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Take a look at their center fielder, Johnny Damon. No grunge rock band would have him. He looks too grungy.

Some of the fans call him "Jesus." There also was a sign at the ALCS games that said "Damon Saves."

Pedro Martinez has a Farina hairdo these days, if you remember "The Little Rascals." He tried to join a reggae band but they told him he'd have to clean himself up first.

Who was the fat kid in that show? The Sox have a guy that looks like him, too. He hits home runs 'cause he has to. He can't run.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:44:40 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

My grandmother thinks it says "half off"

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Your wish came true! Thanks!

Now, don't ask me why it took me so long to come up with this question, but WHY do they call it the WORLD series anyway? Baseball is played in other countries, but I don't recall hearing about any teams from other nations entering into the competition.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Before I get bombed from up north, let me add that a brain fart made me forget to mention our Canadian neighbors. I included mentioning them when I asked a couple of friends the same question, but somehow left acknowledging them in my post.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Ya' got me. You could ask my son. He can recite batting averages for the

1949 Brooklyn Dodgers. Yes, he's one of *those*. And I have to live with him.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well at least the '92, '93 winning team were base in the Great Frozen North. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Hey, we have a fat guy like that here in San Francisco. He hits home runs also, and he can't run either. I think his name is Bond or something like that.

Abrasha

Abrasha

Good, old fashioned American arrogance!

Abrasha

Abrasha

No, not lifted only suspended during world series that occur during total lunar eclipses. I predict that they will go back to choking until the next eclipse.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf