OT: Interesting "M$ Vista" Article

Hi all,

First, no metal content in this one, and second, I'm a Mac user... as a matter of fact Mac's are all I've ever had and know.

However looking through this, it looks like 'Vista' may be a joke as far as security goes:

If the silly little government types aren't worried about Vista security, imagine the field day your typical garden variety 'real hacker' will to have with it.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

There are 5 flavors of Vista, and the cheap ones for home don't have the security the business versions have.

It also says that the traditional "unplug and go" style of forensics may not work. You may need to capture keys in memory from a running computer before you take the device.

That hardly makes the new features "a joke." Stupid users will still be stupid.

Reply to
Max

Whats a Mac?

Gunner

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.

-- Grover Norquist

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A third-rate hamburger.

Reply to
Eregon

third-rate ?? You flatter them.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate them about -3. To me, they are YUK

I prefer a pizza Alan, in Gosnells, Western Oz. VK6 YAB VKS 737 - W 6174

Reply to
alan200

It's a Unix system with nice packaging and an easy to use gui, built on solid hardware. Kinda like Sun but with white instead of grey.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Some indigestable thing you get at a fast food place with "Golden Arches". :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Does it work as a drill press AND a table saw?

Gunner

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.

-- Grover Norquist

Reply to
Gunner

Erp....

I dont think Ive ever turned a Mac on..since the Apple II days. And I wasnt impressed then. Shrug

Gunner

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.

-- Grover Norquist

Reply to
Gunner
.

It's like an iPod

Reply to
Tony

snipped-for-privacy@iinet.net.oz wrote in news:6udm239c2i5ci4hghd010r4kpr4l687c5n@

4ax.com:

I use a different scaling: First Rate: 1-10, Second Rate: 11-100, and Third Rate: 101-1000.

I put McDungs' about 750.

Whataburger [a primarily Texas chain] as 1.

Burger King, Jack-in-the-Box are ~35.

Wendy's is 999. [McDungs' at least uses ROUND patties...]

Reply to
Eregon

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 03:35:09 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

A burger joint. Now please stop feeding the trolls. ;)

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques