OT: New Record in Baghdad

According to a newly released report by the Pentagon, in the last two months there were 1,600 and 1,800 civilians killed in Baghdad. That's a new record. That number of casualties would be bad all enough but when you add the fact that 90% of them were killed execution style that makes it even worse. With that level of violence going on in Iraq how can anyone say that things are going well with a straight face?

So what it boils down to is whether one thinks this statistic reflects that we have a good military strategy for Iraq and need to keep on doing things like we have been doing them for the last few years, or does one say, this is a bad plan and we need to change direction, like getting out of there. If the republicans are left in control of Congress after the November election it pretty much means America thinks our plan for Iraq is a good one, it's working, and we should stick with it. Everything tells me that isn't what most Americans think, but if you do think that what would it take to convince you we're doing the wrong thing in Iraq; or could anything?

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke