OT: NRA car air fresheners

I just got my weekly set of NRA special offers and I'm happy to report that we can now buy NRA-logo car air fresheners, in a variety of scents.

"Did you ever wonder what to do about that rabbit or duck your forgot about under your truck seat last week? Afraid that ordinary air fresheners won't do the job?

"Well, worry no more. NRA's line of heavy-duty air fresheners will cover up the foulest of dead game smells, the accident your beagle had in the back seat, and the stale hunting shirt you haven't washed since 1987. Available in three potent aromas -- Hoppe's No. 10, Burnt Cordite, and Eau de Urine Deer Scent.

You get three different, colorful NRA logos printed in two sides on heavy,

3" diameter card stock.Hang cords are already attached, so all you need to do is decide where these breaths of fresh NRA air are most needed!

Imported, of course. None of that domestic crap for the NRA...

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Hoppe's No. 10?

Is that like Spinal Tap's amps w/ volume controls that go to 11?

I love the smell of Hoppe's in the afternoon, it smells like a good day shooting...

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

It's an aromatic improvement on No. 9. I was going to say Hoppe's No. 8, but I've used that joke before.

Yes.

And it covers up some God-swful smells in the truck.

You can get it soaked onto a cardboard air freshener with the NRA logo. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ha! But I have an NRA solution for that, inspired by the nutjobs who are carrying guns outside the Obama town meetings. Get some round mirrors, paint crosshairs in the middle of them, and write a caption: "I'm watching you, and I'm armed. -- The Owner." Then stick them in various places on the outside of your car. Put a couple of fake video cameras inside.

I think all of us NRA members have a duty to buy some of this junk, because it's not easy to pay Wayne LaPierre's $900,000+ salary. Joining the NRA Wine Club is an especially generous gesture.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

i know a guy who was quite pissed off because he suspected the reason someone let the air out of his tires was because he had a "BUSH '08" sticker on his bumper. i'd be afraid to put a NRA air freshener in my car for fear someone would vandalize my car. (especially if i parked it in a SUNY New Paltz parking lot.)

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

I had an NRA sticker on my old pickup for years, and never had trouble.

Ignoramus25738

LOL A deadbeat

has a $5000 paint job on his truck, and this happens to be his umpteen hundredth embellishment of the phony persona he's created in his mind and advertised on Usenet. I guess the tale *must* be true then, right? Everybody knows someone who tells these self-serving makes-no-sense stories. The best I ever read was someone claiming never-fail dowsing super-powers, yet insisting not to need the million dollars available for a single demonstration of the ability. These crackpot yarn-spinners mistake the eye-rolling or silence of their audience for belief. But a few listeners are hard-wired to accept even the most absurd baloney at face value, and you're obviously one of them. Oh well, I guess

*somebody* has to buy the Xray glasses and the sea-monkeys.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

"Gotta love the midwest mediocrity. Me..I left there and moved West...far more west than you did. Shrug

We believe that mediocrity is the root of all evil." Gunner Asch, 8-31-2009 1:33AM

Reply to
Don Foreman

Excellent!!!

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Marcus Tullius Cicero 63 BC

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I don't have any stickers for anything on my trucks, no reason to attract the attention of any potential vandals or thieves.

Of course my 8,700#+ diesel F350 DRW probably attracts the attention of some of the eco-loons who probably don't realize it has CA ULEV MDV certification.

Perhaps I need a "Looking for your SMART car? Check under my tires" bumper sticker...

Reply to
Pete C.

I don't have an NRA or any pro gun sticker on my car. There are no carry zones in my state and I don't want to advertise this car may contain a firearm.

Wes

Wes

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Mon, 31 Aug 2009 02:32:50 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Your dogs would! LOL!

"Woof, woof!" - means "do it again- pack leader!"

tschus pyotr

I must admit, even as I laugh at this poor fool, I still feel sorry for him, he that had made so many foolish choices leading up to him getting to meet a building at 25 miles an hour. Of course, comedy is when _you_ (not me!) fall in an open manhole and die.

pyotr filipivich

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:09:54 -0400, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Good going, Sherlock!

Has BamBam funded your business move yet? (Didn't think so.)

-- Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. --Daniel Webster

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:50:10 -0400, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Bueno, braggart.

Ours are good for 4 years (I just renewed this year and they put SILVER as my hair color, the blind bastids.) No exam or shooting is required but they do require a basic handgun course prior to licensing.

It was a 6-ish hour course and the instructor went over the legal things about 4 times, then just wanted to make sure all of us could hit a man-sized target at 15 feet. I had the best grouping of the 5 of us (4 or 5", I'd only shot the pistol twice before, IIRC) and the most-complained-about pistol. My little Keltec P-11 got the "DAMN, that thing is LOUD!" award.

-- Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. --Daniel Webster

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:03:45 -0400, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:

Ditto. My truck carries a pro-Library sticker and a No Bozos sticker. I need to purchase another Sober and Crazy sticker, too.

-- Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. --Daniel Webster

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ive gotten more laid back over the years. I simply would have shot him and drove over his corpse on my way to the next service call 10 yrs ago.

In fact..never mind.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

My cars and truck bear no stickers at all. I'm not in business so I have no need to advertise.

Reply to
Don Foreman

"High score" means max possible, right? It sure as hell should for you, even in your advancing antiquity.

If not, I can assure you that 100% Mary (who more than maxed her qual test for CCW) and I are tolerant folks. Gettin' old is not for sissies but we're doin' it nonetheless.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Hold that thought and heed the lesson: you are slower than you once were. The successful warrior knows his strengths and limitations as well as he does those of his enemy or potential enemies. Things change as life lurches on.

Reply to
Don Foreman

The irony is that most NRA members see nothing wrong with the NRA management blowing their membership fees.

Suckers.

TMT

****************************************** Especially since membership if now free.
Reply to