OT: NRA car air fresheners

We used them also but without any color. I used my Ruger MARK IV Government .22, the hard part is where do you put the first shot? I did have three an inch or so high and left that I had to shoot left handed and there's the thumb rest in the left grip and I'm missing the first joint on my left index finger from a broken band saw 20 years ago.

Reply to
Buerste

No..while it was a good score...it wasnt a possible. I think I got a 593 out of 600 and a 597 out of 600. Shooting a full house .41 mag (4" Mod

57) and my street loads out of my elderly Series 70 .45 (my American Express..I dont leave home without it.)

But then, as I said..last time I shot was November, or even earlier. And I think I was busting caps in a rifle...no...it was a combat match up in Apple Valley. One of the posters here was one of the organizers...cant remember his name...sigh....

Shrug..I was still high score and fastest on the line by about 2x. Closest score was something like 589 or there abouts. I can shoot a picture of my target and post it..shrug.

Its an utter pain in the ass getting old. But...since the heart is working better now and Im getting good blood flow.Im kicking off Most of the effects of the stroke. Names are still an issue, but no where as bad as they were.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

oh hell yes. Thats one of the things in life I keep aware of.. my abilitys to stay alive. Im nowhere as fast as I used to be, but..shrug..some of its coming back. That stroke did some strange stuff to my memory and to my motor skills. While Im faster than 99.99% of the folks on the street,..there has been some motor skills either lost, or simply out of practice. I was working with a katana this evening and my kata was rough as hell. I picked up my banjo a couple weeks ago..and couldnt remember half my music. Had to follow the book for a bit and then it started coming back. I must have put a few roadblocks in my skull..most are easy to drive around fortunately. So far Ive not found anything I cant do that I did before..but Im off by about 25% in speed.

All I can do is work at them and see if they will come back.

II think, because work is slow..sigh..Im going to work up a schedule for kata and start some regular range time. Because the doctor told me that I shouldnt really be shooting any heavy caliber rifles for 8-10 months, Ive not been shooting. But that time is about up so its about time to take out the 1000 yrd guns again.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You qualified with a freaking .22? Is that what you are going to be carrying on the street?

Sigh...Im going to have to bitch slap you.

SLAPPPPP!!!!!

You should know better than that. You run what you carry!!!

If you want to shoot a target gun, go to a target match.

If you are going to shoot a bad guy, you had best be shooting with great regularity the gun you shoot the sumbitch with.

If you shoot him with that 22..the chances are good he is going to take all 10 hits, pull it away from you, beat your brains loose, stuff it up your ass, then walk off and die 3 blocks away.

Damn dude!!

Isnt that thumbrest a bitch shooting lefthanded...chuckle

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:47:43 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I read this, and I think of the scene from "Every which way but loose". The Spiders Motorcycle "Club"come to intimidate Clint's granny. Wrong choice, she pulls out the shotgun and unloads. All the time muttering about her no good useless grandsons, "leaving a poor defenseless little ol' lady all by her self ..."

Snerk.

pyotr

pyotr filipivich

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:47:51 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"Still have the shovel in the shed ..."

tschus pyotr

pyotr filipivich

.22s are cheap...so am I. I don't have a carry piece, every pistol I have is huge. I guess I need a new one. I've been waiting for Roger to die so I can have his Detonics

Reply to
Buerste

Bait to hook the suckers...and there is lots of them.

Does the management work for free?

TMT

*************************************

Do the people at the ACLU work for free?

Reply to
Buerste

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 03:20:55 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

--minor snippage-- (400 lines?)

MUST you always understate things? ;)

While that may be true, merely carrying a weapon could save your life from most perps. It's all a game of odds.

Lock and load, then have a good time.

-- Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. --Daniel Webster

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:35:12 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

I can see how they could be very handy, but Hayseuss Crisco! $250 for a laser pointer in 3 bucks worth of rubber? They're right proud of those things, aren't they?

-- Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. --Daniel Webster

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Good post! I agree and would pack a .38 at the least. I'm WAY partial to wheel guns for simplicity. I would consider an auto loader if I were to get trained to the point of excellence. However, I'd take a .22 over a rock. I understand the amount of practice and muscle memory to become proficient, most people don't.

Reply to
Buerste

I dunno, I've had revolvers jam. All it takes is something hanging up the cylinder, in front or behind. I had a S&W M10 that would lock halfway through the DA trigger pull. I replaced several parts until it quit that. I've had a couple of 1911s like that also, never did figure one of them out. OTOH, a Glock, like them or not, work every time (in my experience)

Reply to
RBnDFW

My S&W 5906 has been flawless with many many rounds through it. The last Glock I tried I was shooting a mix of generic FMJ and FMJ tracers and the Glock stovepipe jammed on every tracer, as well as bouncing the other shells off my forehead. I was also shooting the 5906 with the same mix and as usual it was flawless.

Reply to
Pete C.

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 05:06:06 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

It would be lighter, wouldn't it?

Umm, I like my odds better with the loaded 9mm, thankyouverymuch. ;)

-- It's a great life...once you weaken. --author James Hogan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Actually a fire extinguisher makes a very good improvised weapon. A cloud of dry chemical to the face followed by the tank up side the head.

Reply to
Pete C.