OT: Reagan compared to GWB

While visiting, I was boring my parents with political talk on the subjects of how "likeability" can protect a President.
I compared Ronald Reagan to George W. Bush.
I said, "They can say what they want about Reagan, but I'm convinced he was smarter than Dubya."
My Dad shot back immediately, "He probably still is."
--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Dad have alzheimer too? Early onset in your case is unusual.
Gunner
" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age... I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity, bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity, fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We *assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation to keep the State out of the church business, we've destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*. Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives

This is what Ed. H. calls "a race to the bottom."
Jim
================================================= please reply to: JRR(zero) at yktvmv (dot) vnet (dot) ibm (dot) com ================================================

Every time I see bush on TV , I'm comparing him to Frank Burns on MASH aka ferret face. The character and the shifty eyes.
Sunworshiper wrote:

I see Howdy Doody with Cheney playing a malevolent Buffalo Bob, Rumsfeld as Chief Thunderthud, Wolfowitz as Clarabelle, and unfortunately Colin Powell forced to play the role of Flubadub.
Oh, yes and we must not forget the peanut gallery cheering them blindly on. (You know who that is.)
--
Glenn Ashmore

I see Alfred E. Newman from Mad Magazine.
Earle Rich Mont Vernon, NH
Bless you, sir. If you look real carefully, you'll see Dick Cheney pulling the strings on that puppet.
Regards,
Marv