OT: Rice sock magic

It may be well known to many but I just started using a rice sock for minor aches. It's just a sock filled with dry, uncooked rice or other grain and tied and microwaved for a minute or two. The sock conforms to your sore body part...(Don't you go there)...and it stays warm for quite a while, easing the sore shoulders from turning your cranks. (I will)

Don't wash it without removing the rice!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

If you'd leave your crank alone, maybe it wouldn't be sore. :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 09:22:19 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

My sister gave one of those to me which is filled with flax seed. They do work great. AAMOF, I think I'll go heat it up now.

--------------------------------------------------- I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol. ---------------------------------------------------

Refreshing Graphic Design

Reply to
ljaques

Got one filled with dry corn- works a treat, it does.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

I was once beaten severely with a sock filled with corn flakes.

Does that count?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

My wife got me one filled with something like that.. something the lavender hugging crowd likes. I like the idea and the effect was awesome, but the scent was revolting. Obviously not made for men, I guess.

Reply to
carl mciver

An old fashioned hot water bottle works wonders. Hot water in a double ziplock bag also works.

Reply to
Nick Hull

My grandmother used a small sack of buckwheat. Same concept.

A black pillowcase type unit full of dry sand and left in the sun cooks up nice, too.

Reply to
Don Bruder

May I suggest wearing the sock continously for a month or two then putting in the rice ......

Take care all .... Tom in Belle Vernon PA

Reply to
garigue

Depends- was it Indian corn?

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 19:55:31 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "carl mciver" quickly quoth:

You're thimply not thenthitive enough, thweety.

I happen to -like- lavender. (Lavender essential oil is great for athelete's foot/sneaker stench and the chicks dig my SNAG aura.)

(For those of you in Rio Linda, SNAG = Sensitive New Age Guy.)

--------------------------------------------------- I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol. ---------------------------------------------------

Refreshing Graphic Design

Reply to
ljaques

As I recall..it was Kellogs

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 20:22:03 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

This just came in my inbox so I'll share it with you. You -need- to hear it right now if your ex is beanin' ya with corn socks:

Ten Reasons Men Prefer Guns Over Women

--------------------------------------

#10. You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9. You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8. If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7. Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6. Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5. A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4. Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3. A gun doesn't ask , "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2. A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the number one reason a gun is favored over a woman....

#1. YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN

Reply to
ljaques

THANKS, I read that out loud and got shit thrown at me.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 03:05:55 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

Serves ya right, Tom, ya bloody topposter. ;)

Reply to
ljaques

Corn Flakes? I wouldn't think it would have enough mass. Were they wet or something?

Reply to
jpolaski

My wife just uses Uncle Bens white rice. She got sick of me using hers for a steady rest under the barrel of a rifle when sighting in a new scope. So she made me one out of an old pair of Levis, works great.

Reply to
nobody

Nope..but she was.

Really strange chick. Had absolutly no gag reflex either.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:08:48 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

I love that in a woman. ;)

- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier. ------------

Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Reply to
ljaques

Whhn groin in the hells kitchen of briSTOL COnnecticut we played sock puppets and rice which is game from old country, Kids tioday don't know the simplr fiun anfd values to play on today. Nintentoedss and ipacks are expensive and time are getting harder to make the ends meet to=. Since hurting y left arm in shotgun kb last years I use the rice in socks heated in microwaver and kit jelps is good i9dea. A Babin & Sons ISO 900 comlpiant kob shop , berbuilting of machinerty anbd tool, custom pool cues and covers to keep tyhe leaves out. k-_ART CASHIEr #!2 bRISTOL< cONN

Reply to
Honest A Babin