OT So that is why (RFID Tag)

The kind that are degaussed like that do not blow out a fuseable link.

Those tags are composed of a 'soft' and a 'hard' magnetic strip held loosely in a plastic housing. When the excitation field is applied to the diagonally-cut strip, it chirps at the a different frequency than it is excited with. But there must be a dc magnetic bias field on it for this to work, the hard magnet strip in the package supplies that.

When the bias field magnet in the plastic case is de-gaussed (coil under counter) it makes the tag insenstive.

This is the Sensormatic design.

Jim

jim rozen

I wondered how they always knew it was me 8-{>

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

||In article , Rex B says... || ||>||The RFID tags only associate a unique number with a physical ||>||item. At the moment they currently do implant that tag on ||>||newborns - as a Social Security number. Same thing. || ||>Jim, please tell us you are kidding. ||>Texas Parts Guy || ||There is nothing implanted, of course. But in some ||sense the ubiquitous use of a SS number is *worse*. ||You could dig out the chip if that was how they did ||it. || ||Because an individual in the US can hardly do anything ||without their personal SS number, it might as well be ||tatooed on their forearm.

I agree. My SS card says "Not to be used for indenification" Good luck enforcing that. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

That's a very good point. I know that the first 3 digits are where you where born. kind of like license plates say which county you should be in and a lot more I bet. I've yet to figure out why I've been a member of xyz WAY before I inquired to become one. One time I asked , they evaded the question and would only say that they would not tell me that kind of information. I figure at times that I shouldn't have to worry about blending in cause they already know who and where I am probably more than I do. Lots will say its paranoia , but I've seen stuff that just can't add up to just coinencedense. I was set back that the hospital handed me my kid's SS # within the first hour of birth. Sorry, they only use those huge rooms of computers for nuke test simulations and other great science questions.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

"A more sophisticated version of microchip technologies currently used as electronic ID tags for pets, Digital Angel is powered electromechanically through muscle movement, or it can be activated by an outside monitoring facility.

As WorldNetDaily has reported, in addition to locating missing persons and monitoring physiological data, Digital Angel will be marketed as a means of verifying online consumer identity for the burgeoning e-commerce world. "

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

"Future applications may include full medical record archival/retrieval for emergency medical care."

How much you want to bet that the record information includes credit report history??

Jim

jim rozen

Budda bing...

Not to mention criminal history, etc

When a reader can be included in any doorway/turnstile etc etc with virtually instant access to ANY database...the potentials for misuse by government (or a large corporation) are humongous.

it could very easily keep a talley of your movements

1:30, caught bus #2 at Franklin St. stop 2:15 left bus #2 at Palmer St. stop 2:19 entered Home Depot at Palmer and Main 2:22. passed asle 1/3/9 2:23 entered asle 10. (bathroom repair items) 2:45 left asle 10 2:48 using check stand 2, purchased wax seal, toilet base bolts $5.89 (See sublist for brands and sizes) 2:53, left Home Depot at palmer and main 2:59 caught bus 14 at Palmer Stop 3:15 exited at Broham St. Stop 3:18 entered RiteAid Drugstore 3:28 entered asle 7 (diarea medications) 3:31 usng checkstand 1, purchased Notrimile $6 3:38 exited RiteAid 4:00 caught bus #12 at Broham St. stop 4:30 exited bus at Franklin St. stop

We now have established where you shop, that you are a do it yourselfer comfortable with fixing plumbing, that you likely have a belly problem and serious enough to require you to fix your toilet, plus a complete listing of what you purchased, and where.

You can now be put on targeted mailing lists for plumbing and do it yourself supplies, suppliers, and a note dropped into your insurance company's data base that you have an ilness that may trigger a rate hike.

Simple little grain of rice sized gizmo in the back of your hand..or hip, etc

Think of what the English would do with this, with their wired world of video cameras everywhere.....

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Don't know where you got that idea. Check out the source for the real story.

552 are my first three. I was born in England....Paul
Reply to
PJ

I would have thought that a modern shoplifter would know how to neutralise them. M.K.

Reply to
markzoom

Fine , state where applied for. Wife's is the same state , don't know the kid's off hand , and your right mine is from TX. not Mass. like I had thought. Still the numbers mean things , not just random numbers.

I can't recall where I heard that license plates have a code , but I heard from a good source that a cop in the know can just tell by the numbers and letters if your from Houston or San Antonio. And they pick on ( use to ?) people from out of local just like out of state plates.

Then again all this reminds me of coming back from Mexico and the boarder guard asked me where I was born and I said Massachusetts and he didn't know what country that was. I didn't want to get into it with him about the May Flower and Plymouth cause I had been drinking. One would think a United States Boarder Guard would at least know the

50 States , especially the first ! Like Jay (Leno) Walking last night , he should be DEPORTED !

Or the cops in Mass. asking me how the surfing is in Nevada !

Anyhow, I was just agreeing with Jim cause you have to use that # quite a bit and you can't get that much info out of 9 digits out of

100's of millions.
Reply to
Sunworshiper

This sort of info is already collected via permanent bus pass cards and Toll booth passes. If you add in your grocery store discount card and census information, they can already paint a better profile of you than they can most serial killers.

Paul K. Dickman

Privacy, give it up for money, give it up for convenience, give it up for security, but you will give it up.

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Its a danger of the 'wired world". But there are steps to take to opt out in large part. Inconvenient at times. But more and more people are choosing to do so as the dangers become known.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Actually, I ran across a website a while back that covered all that and more. Probably got the URL from this NG, as I do most of the really interesting ones :) Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B