Why so many OT subjects?

Why are there so many OT subjects and why don't you guys post them on the appropriate forumn?

What the hell does Hilliary Clinton's chances in '08 have to do with metal working? Put this crap somewhere else!

This is annoying.

Reply to
Weldman

Why are there so many OT subjects and why don't you guys post them on the appropriate forumn?

What the hell does Hilliary Clinton's chances in '08 have to do with metal working? Put this crap somewhere else!

This is annoying.

Reply to
Weldman

I agree. I don't read this group as much as I used to because there is so much O.T. crap.

Jeff P.

Reply to
jpolaski

Here's my $.02.

I don't consider myself a "political animal". By that I mean to say I don't hang out on any of the political groups and think the people that do may be somehow "untrustworthy" in their postings in that, in their eagerness to score "political coup" they will post unverified items and offer them as "truth" or, in fact, may know them not to be the truth. I feel this is the hallmark of politicians these days. So sue me.

On the other hand the people on this newsgroup, and some others I'm familiar with, seem more like the average working people I'm familiar with and the type of people I've worked with my entire life and who I certainly trust to tell the truth more than any politician I've had the unfortunate experience of meeting.

Although I don't normally begin any off topic posts I feel as though these posts are offered by other members of this group in an honest attempt at communication which I see no reason to discourage.

Perhaps you could start another group with the understanding off topic posts are discouraged? I believe most would honor the request.

dennis in nca "The inventor of the blond chicken wig."

Reply to
rigger

You're new here aren't you? Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Then just don't read the O.T. crap! Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Let's stick to metalworking. Some posts are crossposted to other forums, and it just is a waste of bandwidth.

For those with OT > Weldman wrote:

Reply to
Louis Ohland

I went to the coffee shop the other day with some friends and somebody had the nerve to talk about something other than coffee.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Me thinks I've got another candidate for a kill file. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Way to go Tom. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

It's damn annoying to realize that I'm now paying more in sales tax on a cup of coffee than the whole cup of coffee cost me back when I began drinking the stuff.

Jeff (Who remembers the "nickle beer" too.)

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

It is to me too. Fortunately there are now better places on the web to have serious discussions about metalworking than there used to be a few years ago.

Reply to
Mike Henry

Reply to
Lance A Boyle

So are you. Plonk.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Many years ago, Cleveland baseball had "Nickle Beer" nights. A drunken riot ended that! It was probably better remembered that our burning Cuyahoga river. We DO have "Van Roy" coffee that beats anything I've had anywhere. We just can't talk about it on the NG....WAIT, it comes in METAL CANS!!! (not really but they'll never know.)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

So, do we have more OT posts or complaints about OT posts?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Why the hell would you think Id watch the Clinton News Network?

My TV time is about 4 hours a month.

Now on the other hand..you wouldnt be one of those bitter and delusional Leftists would you?

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

Have you never stood around the water-cooler, or the shop door, and chatted with neighbors\friends about other things than "work", or the hobby?

If you don't care for the OT stuff, don't read it. It's that simple... :)

CVC

Reply to
Charles V. Craig

I'm lurking in here at least twice a day. If there is nothing in the OT stuff that interests me, I just don't read it.

CVC

Reply to
Charles V. Craig