Why so many OT subjects?

Ohh... say it ain't so!

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Thank you!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

You might already have noticed it: This ain't a coffe shop, it's a news group.

But keeping with your example: OT posters go into the coffe shop and ask for a burger. And if they don't have one, they start cursing and arguing that it is a free country and that they can buy their burgers whereever they want. Even if the shop doesn't have them.

Clever?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Somehow, I don't think you are allowed to use the words: "Gunner" and "CNN" in the same sentence. and watch your mouth, there are children metalworkers here...asshole!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Mike could you post some links to these better places thanks batw

Reply to
batw

Oh, were you trying to make some corelation to what I wrote? Making some assumptions , are we? You know what happens to those who assume, don't you?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

The answer is simple, the "wingers" here are so insecure in their beliefs that they feel the need to spread their propaganda in order to bolster their own fragile beliefs and they will use any available forum to do so.

Reply to
John Kunkel

I _did_. Or you expressed yourself bad.

Just reading what you write. The useless coffe shop example is the only one you use now and then.

Yes. They get a better explanation. Or ain't that a discussion group? Oh, before you answer that this particular discussion is OT here, lets go back to your example and imagine the shop owner showing the door to that customer asking for hardware every day. You are one of them.

And don't suggest that I should filter you. I like to read your questions and answers when they are on topic. I like to try helping you with your problems. But you are making it harder and harder for me, the more you continue your OT postings. And I'm _not_ alone. Is that your intention?

Thanks for listening! Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Lance A Boyle wrote in article ...

With apologies to Larry the Cable Guy......

Now, THAT's funny....I don't care who you are.

Gunner watching Clinton News Network to pick up *Conservative* ideas.........ROFLMAO

Reply to
*

Lets see..5 loaded words, 3 assumptions and 3 lies

Not bad for a libtard.

Your programmers in the DNC are to be congratulated. The Ver 3.4 software is much better than the last revision. Does reprogramming still give you that pesky headache?

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

Well, don't assume I'm trying to make sence! Sometimes I like to hear myself type...untill my meds kick-in.

What I don't understand is how my OT replies, usually well inside a "stupid" thread ever come to light unless someone opens the "stupid" thread to begin with? Just skip over the OT stuff to begin with.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Will all the people influenced by anything they read on a newsgroup please stand up! Now, lift you right foot. Now, put your left hand on your head. Now sing the "Ompa-Lumpa" song.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:38:04 +0200, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de (Nick Müller) quickly quoth:

Rightio! Have you ever talked about anything other than food during lunch, or other than hair at a barber shop? Folks in newsgroups are the same way. We're very interesting and multi-faceted folks who like to talk about EVERYTHING wherever we are. If you're not happy with that, you can just start filtering anyone who posts anything other than metalworking, Nick. Be prepared to be VERY lonely about a week from the day you start that, though. Not too many people here are one-trick ponies.

Even though that is a poor metaphor, Nick, what does THAT have to do with metalworking?

I put chains on my new GunnerWorld(tm) welding cart this morning. Yellow coated plastic chain (to match the yellow ratcheting tiedown I used first to snug it down) was $0.47 a foot at Lowes yesterday. It's nice and safe now.

---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. --------------------------------------

Tagline-based T-shirts!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yellow plastic coated? Lowes? Thanks!!

Gunner, who will be doing some of his tanks this way.

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

And your usenet time about 400....

Reply to
jim rozen

Color coordinated welding cart? I'm WAY jealous! Do you have some "Armor-All" on the tires? If you paint shark teeth on the tanks, the refiller guy will think you're wierd....don't ask me how I know this.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Especially that BIG tank of NO2 is his living room!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That's really not quite the correct analogy. The trouble happens when you get two, or three, miscreants who decide to fire up a barbeque *in* the coffee shop, and start cooking and serving themselves hamburgers.

The operation takes up space, stinks up the joint, and the managment doesn't get a cut of the profits.

Worse yet, folks wander in off the street and say, darn those burgers smell good.

The folks who wanted to enjoy their coffee have discovered their little bit of paradise has been hijacked. Thus you have the invention of moderated discussion groups. The grill, the burgers buns and fixins all get ceremoniously dumped out on the sidewalk, and the cooks get the boot.

Sometimes folks like hamburgers. When they do, the darn coffee drinkers always invade!!

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned Hillary Clinton.

Lance

Reply to
Lance A Boyle